How should I handle this?

Anonymous
So I met this cute girl in my french class and I started to talk to her and I really like her I'm a senior and she's a sophomore and eventually I got her snapchat and I have only had one short back and forth with her and it was when I told her happy birthday a few days ago (her's is one day before mine). She's exactly my type she's friendly near me but seemed a little hesitant when I made advances on her. Today I think I found out why, she's talking to a 19-year-old in college. And they text and facetime regularly to my knowledge. We do have a few friends in common but I've never really hanged out with her outside of school. My question is what should I do? I genuinely like this girl but she's talking to a guy in college and I can't really one up that she does seem like she'd like to be friends cause anytime that I've bumped into her outside of the classroom she says hi or waves if she's kinda far away. As a side note my current plan is to try to just be friends with her and if they don't work out then that's when I'll try to make advances again (after she has had some time to get over him)
How should I handle this?
Add Opinion