Would you keep stringing a girl along if she had given you a few "outs"?

Anonymous
Scenario - guy I met up with few times (broke up with his long term ex in April time) - things got sexual but not full on penetrative sex - I sleep over - spoon all night - he gets quieter after text wise - girl notices he's more distant when asking when free to meet up again - says they don't have to and just to let her know if she's being too forward - he says it's ok - then he's hot and cold again - then she sends a text saying she's feeling he's hot and cold and that she liked getting to know him and it's cool if he doesn't want to continue, but to let her know so she's not "flogging a dead horse" - he apologises for being quiet, says work busy and family stuff (he has a kid) - says not to worry that I'm not bugging, to keep messaging, and we will meet up for more fun soon - then proceeds to have 2 hour conversation with me.

Stringing me along even when he's had the opportunity handed to duck out?
Genuine?
1
0