Do people really think that dating single parents automatically equals "drama" ?

Anonymous
There's a guy who I've liked for a while and I've never been sure if he liked me or not. Partly because I never assume, and partly because he knows I have a little girl and many guys can be a bit put off by that, which I do understand.
We have a mutual close friend, that's how I know him, and we were both round there last night and he asked if my daughter's dad was in the picture and yes in that he spent time with her, and then he said that if it was just me, he'd have liked to get to know me, but he doesn't want to get into anything with an ex hanging around. ( He isn't my ex, we were friends with benefits)
I did tell this guy that my ex (who isn't my ex) dates other people and that he wouldn't do anything because it's none of his business, but he said it was too much potential drama.
There's no drama though, and why would he just assume? Even in the unlikely event that there would be drama, he could still walk away then. My daughter's dad is a pretty chilled out guy, he may even have liked him.
Do people really look at separated parents and think all circumstances are the same?
17
4