Guys, He doesn't want to date until I lose weight. Should I stop talking to him until I do?

Anonymous
Basically, he doesn't want us to be anything more than friends until I lose weight. Problem for me is that we are way past that "Let's just be friends" stage. We've kissed, held hands, cuddled, all of it.

We haven't been dating long either, so he basically doesn't want to wait out for me in the event he loses out on some chance with someone else. Problem is that he wants to be friends with benefits in the time being. Yeah, I'm not skinny enough to date, but good enough to sleep with. He also said he loved the sex. Guess my weight wasn't a problem then.

He said if I get lonely while I'm getting fit in the next couple months, that I could let him know and we'd hang out. I told him I'm not going to be his fuck buddy. He said, "but what if I want to have sex? You don't want me to have sex with other girls, right?"

A part of me thinks he intends on holding out for me based on the above. But it's just stupid. We live 2 hours drive apart in traffic. Shouldn't we just date then while I get fit?
+1 y
by the way, I'm not super overweight or anything. I'm only about 16 pounds from my goal weight, which is average for my height.
4