Is it okay to talk to your current boyfriend/girlfriend about being upset over something with an ex?

Anonymous
Im really happy in my relationship now, much more than I ever was in my old one. I wasted a lot of time with my ex on a relationship that was clearly going no where when I wanted so much more from it but I loved him so I refused to see what was happening for years. I'm so happy I found my current boyfriend (we've been together a year) but I just found out my ex and his girlfriend are now engaged (after only a few months of being together) and it's really bugging me. My current boyfriend knows something been bothering me but I just brushed it off. I don't want to go back to my ex but I feel like I just still have that resentment of wasting my time. Would it be hurtful for me to talk about it with my current boyfriend? Honestly I probably would get upset about him getting mad over an ex but from a guys standpoint would you be hurt if your current girlfriend said that? Im not upset but at the same time I just feel annoyed about the whole situation. And I feel like a horrible person even bringing it up.
1
0