Why does my ex treat his new girl better? I feel so used, disrespected, & confused? How do I find the good in this situation?

dimitria97
Dated this guy from February to April & then again in August. Everything was great... For the first month, we'd go on nice dates & he'd always want to spend time with me. He said he wanted a relationship w/ me & when I started falling for him & let my guard down, he stopped giving me attention. After a while, it seemed like I was doing all of the work and getting nothing in return. After all the endless excuses, I broke things off. I'd question if he even liked me anymore. I told him that I'm not going to be putting in effort and getting nothing in return.
3 months later, I tried to get back w/ him. I asked if he wants to give things another shot & he said that he's dating someone else. A few weeks later, he texts me & asks if I'm free to hang out. I go get lunch with him and we walked to his house. We talked for hours on the couch & he made a move. Before I knew it, we started making out and I almost had sex with him. In the middle of everything, I popped the question "What are we?" He said that "its whatever you want it to be." I told him that I want to date him and he said ok we're dating now. Things were fun, but I felt like he was treating me like fwbs. One day, I got the courage to confront him. I asked him if he even likes me anymore & told him that I feel like he treats me like we're fwbs when we agreed we were dating. His Respnse: I do like you, but not as much as before... To make things easier, we could just be friends, if that *smirks & reaches out for a hug* This just left me speechless.

We've talked since then a few times and we get along well as friends, but I'm still crazy over him. A few weeks ago, I was just looking at my snapchat and then I saw him cuddling with another girl & he started showing her off all over his social media, putting her name in hearts and seeing her every weekend. Its made me very bitter. I feel like my love was given away. All I was asking for was attention and to be shown off, cared for and he couldn't do it for me...
0
1