My friend and I have been talking about taking the next step for 5-6 months now. He wanted to wait and see what happened. what do I do?

Anonymous
He had just recently gotten out of a relationship a month or two before we started flirting. We had been friends before but nothing ever came of it until about mid-June. We hung out and spent the Fourth of July weekend hanging out and it was great but he wanted to take things slow and stay friends until we were both sure we wanted to, I was okay with it because I knew he was still getting over his ex. It's now Nov 27th, and we have hung out several times and talk a lot still, but I am getting tired of waiting. I have frequently expressed that I still like him and he said he was getting up the nerve to ask me out but then he heard some rumors and I promptly shot them down because the weren't true. Other people have come up to me and asked if we were dating and when I told them we weren't they said we would be so cute together. What do I get him to ask me out already?
2
1