I got caught up in a whirlwind international romance and now I'm confused?

Anonymous
I live in Florida and I met a guy online who was from Scotland, travelling in the U. S. for work. After a lot of thought I decided to take a leap of faith and travel to Georgia to meet him. Things went great but we were both very clear from the beginning that we were not interested in having a fling, that we were looking for something serious. However, right after that, texts slowed down. It went from all day long to 5-6 per day. 2 weeks later I was in Boston with my family and he was in NYC. He took a bus and met me in Boston and we spent the day together and he stayed the night at my parents house. 1 week after that, he was in Toronto finishing up his trip and invited me to come so I went to Toronto for 3 days. I bought my plane ticket but he paid for everything when we were there. He was affectionate, caring and chivalrous the whole trip! He is a great photographer and took lots of pictures, some with me, but he didn't post any of them on social media. I know he's a private person and his social media pages are mainly for work so I didn't press it. When I left it was a bit emotional and we said we would try to see eachother again. I never got the impression that he was lying to me at any point. He seemed sad we were parting as well. Even after 3 full days together, he still barely texts me. He was posting yesterday online but didn't text me until 10:30 p. m. We had a phone call scheduled for 4 p. m. today. At 4:25 after not hearing from him, I called him and he didn't answer. He texted a few minutes later asking if I was around. He apologized - said he was writing a work email. He's back in Scotland now so there is a 5 hour time difference and he's only been back for 1 day, so I'm trying to be understanding but I feel like maybe he's not that interested in me anymore. Maybe he did just want a fling? I really like him but I feel like I'm not a priority. I've been single for a while so am I just out of the loop on guy's behavior these days? Any insight would help!
+1 y
Wasn't enough room to add - I just got home from this trip on Sunday (it's Tuesday)!
2
1