Early stages of long distance with a guy and not getting much contact... should I move on?

Anonymous
I met a guy 6-7 weeks ago and sparks flew. However, I had to leave a few days later for a work placement in a far away city for 4 months. I assumed when I told him that, we would just go our separate ways and possibly reconcile once I get back, however he added me on Facebook and messaged me quite a lot for a couple of days before asking for my Snapchat. Ever since then we have snapchatted about once a week but it's just casual stuff like him asking me how my new job is, telling me how busy he is with work and sport, and comparing weather in our different cities etc. Twice now though I've sent him an interesting snap and got no response, although he then sends me an unrelated snap a few days later (which I always respond to). I sent him a snap of my new house this morning and he opened it late tonight once he was home from work and he again didn't reply :( My heart says if he was truly interested he would always reply and contact me more often, but my head says this whole situation of keeping in touch with a guy I hardly know for 4 months (especially when both of us are very busy and shy) is just totally unrealistic and I'm gonna end up getting hurt if I put any more effort into it. Thoughts? Please help me decide what to do!!!
1
0