My ex boyfriend is my best friend and keeps pushing me to be friends with his new girlfriend (i believe she's a rebound)?

Anonymous
okay, here's the thing. my ex boyfriend and i dated for a year. we were eachothers first times, and first loves. he broke up with me not even a month ago. he said he just wanted to be friends, but i declined at first. of course i was reluctant to be his friend, i knew how hard it would be to be just his friend. after a week or so, we became friends. on top of this, he also befriended a new girl. keep in mind please that ever since the breakup we still acted like a couple we just weren't officially back together. both of us were confused about our feelings. anyways, this new girl suddenly became his everything. being me, i decided to tell him i wasn't over him at all and that i couldn't move on. he told me he never thought he would get over me, but this new girl came along and helped him. i cut him off again because i couldnt handle being his friend. another week of zero contact went by. i heard he was having major family problems, so i texted him and we talked. we got into a giant fight, and then came to the conclusion we could be friends. NOW, please keep in mind as well that he told me it was hard to be just my friend too, and he kept sending me edits of tv show couples we used to classify were us. this was a few short days ago, but he has a new girl in his life as well? he's been pushing me SO hard to be her friend, and i can't understand why. he always brings up our memories in conversation, even around her. he even used our sex life and the fact i was his first to make this girl jealous. i'm still in love with him, and we're best friends. this new girl treats him terribly, i can't stand it. i even told her he deserved better than how she was trreating him because she plays with his heart a LOT. i'd do anything to have him back, and i've been the one picking up the pieces and being there for him when she hurts him. he stills tells me he loves me as well. they aren't an offical item yet, but she tells him she loves him. he told me he can't say it back.
1
1