Guys, I have been on this weird on again off again relationship. Help me understand?

StarWarsNerd22
It started the minute we graduated high school. We went on a few dates for about a month or so, and almost nothing physical happened. Just some snuggling. We kissed once. About two years later I had just gotten home from a college that was a few hours away from him, and he wanted to start hanging out again. It started with coffee, and then by the end of the month we ended with a dinner, movie, snuggling. After that he stopped talking to me completely. This was in August.

My theory is that he hated my hair cut I got. I went from medium hair cut to super short. But I showed him the photo of the hair cut I wanted before I made the call, and he said that he liked the look!
1