Do girls have a big preference of body type? How much muscle is ideal?

Anonymous
I am about 6'2 and 225 pounds, I am at very low body fat and have a fairly well balanced physique. To give some context to my situation, I was constantly bullied more and more as I went through middle school. I got picked on because I was very skinny and awkward, both physically and socially. This pushed me to start bodybuilding in high school, I began to get picked on less and less until people were just plain afraid of me by my junior year. Obviously this made me look physically better, at least to guys, but since middle school, I have only talked to girls less and less. At this point I'm almost too shy to even start conversations with them, but they used to be much more eager to talk to me. Despite what I dealt with in middle school, I talked to lots of girls and was perfectly comfortable around them. Girls definitely look at me more now, but they don't approach me and I'm too shy to talk to them. I've heard that girls think a lot of muscle is gross or ugly and that they just want slightly toned guys. Is there any truth to this and could it be a reason I have no luck with girls? I've had a crush on this short nerdy girl who's absolutely adorable, but she just looks at me a lot and never comes near me, does this have anything to do with my size or body at all? As a more broad question, what do girls consider "perfect" and how big is too big? Will girls overlook body type for personality? I ask that because I'm afraid of people assuming I'm a jerk or dumb because I compete in bodybuilding.
4
4