Guys, Why did he go from liking me so much to being so distant?

LeoLou11
I met a waiter when I was on holiday with my family in York. I'm from Scotland. We got chatting and he came over and asked for my number before I left. The next day he messaged saying it was great to meet such nice people. I messaged him back and we ended up texting for a few weeks. He is 36 and I am 29. He asked if he could come up and visit me. I said yes and he booked it straight away. At this point he started telling me he couldn't stop thinking about me and that I was beautiful and perfect for him. I really was swept off my feet! He text me every morning saying he couldn't wait to see me and we both had a lot in common as we both do the same job. When he arrived he kissed me and told me he was so happy to be here. I found him attractive but I think it was down to how nice he was to me! I told him when he was here I had a few things to do in my pub, but he said he'd come with me and he didn't want to let me out his sight. So he met my family and all my staff at work. We seemed to have a lovely few days and he couldn't keep his hands off me. He likes photography and he took loads of pictures of my pub for me, and I took him to all the most scenic places in Edinburgh as well as my home town so he could carry out his passion. And we went for dinner and drinks before coming home which was great. His train was booked to go home early the next morning, so he had to just get up and go! He told me he would text me when he got on the train. He didn't. When I did finally hear from him he said he had an amazing time and would definitely be back. But since then I haven't really heard from him. He'll text back if I text. But he isn't as nice as he was. I did finally ask him if he still liked me. He said, "of course, I'm just so hectic just now , with work and family!!" I text him drunk the other night being flirty like we used to and he didn't text me back at all! So I need help. If he doesn't like me, why not say? And if he does why is he being so different?
19