Do you think online dating would be a lot easier if people put more effort into their profiles?

Anonymous
Not all profiles are bland, but do you think it'd be a lot easier for people (both people involved) if more people put some effort into their profiles and listed some of their interests and things about themselves?

Not that I expect a life story or anything, but sometimes I'll go on POF and OkCupid and pull up a lot of matches, only to skip them because their profiles are so generic or even the cringeworthy blank profiles.

I mean not to sound pretentious because some of these people don't share any of the same interests as me. If we have nothing in common then we don't.

What I'm just saying is it's cringeworthy when I see profiles that say I like the outdoors, music, food, reading, exercising. Or they'll say just ask but I won't respond to hey, what's up?, etc. It's like why don't you specify what kinda outdoor activities, music, movies, books, sports you're into. It'd give us something to work with.

If they say just ask, then it's like all we can really say is what do you like to do for fun, which 9/10 times gets no response. I mean it's like there's no way, you're THAT boring.
3
0