When is it okay to date someone a friend of yours has been romantically connected to before?

violet896
My friends and I have been debating the etiquette around when its okay to date someone who one of your friends has previously been romantically connected to, or similarly when it is okay to date someone who is friends with someone you previously dated.

I've got some factors in the poll and want you to select what you think is the most important factor in the situation, and even better further explain/give your opinion in the comments below!
It depends on how serious the two people in the original relationship were (one date vs one night stand vs serious relationship etc)
It depends on how close the two friends are (acquaintances vs friends vs best friends)
It depends on the amount of time passed since the original relationship
Vote C
It depends on who ended the original relationship and why (although maybe it was just a one night stand!)
Vote D
GirlGuy
6
6