Asks me on dates but can take hours to days to reply to messages. Is he interested or not?

Anonymous
I met this guy online and we get on really well.
We went on a date on Friday and at the end he asked me to go out with him again and we decided on Tuesday (tomorrow). There was good chemistry and no awkward moments. It was a really good date.
He has complimented me a lot and when he does reply to my messages they are usually long and engaging and usually he asks questions about me.
However he has said from the beginning that he is really bad at replying to messages and that is fine but it has been nearly 24 hours since he last replied.
I am curious how bad a sign this is? If he doesn't reply then I don't pester him but despite saying he is bad at replying I am worried it could be he is losing interest in me and I just can't tell for what reason it is.
Any opinions and advice is welcome.
+1 y
Normally I would take not replying as a hint that they are not interested
But one of the first things he says is that he is terrible at replying so it makes me unsure of how to respond to his lack of response
1
1