How can I tell if this guy isn't interested or just sucks at texting while he's busy?

Anonymous
I've had guys who are great texters but were complete players, or guys that responded but weren't that interested, or guys that talked to me once a month and thought we had something. That said, I don't know what it all means, and now that I'm semi-seeing a guy (we haven't discussed what we are yet, but I plan to soon).. when he is busy with work and he's in a band so he gets busy doing band stuff and scheduling, I'll message him and he will ignore my messages for days, no matter the message (so far they haven't been pressing) but then if I catch him when he isn't working, he will respond and apologize each time and then talk normally and for hours even. It's not that his texting bothers me, I hate texting as well.. but this day in age, it is like written all over that if he hasn't texted you within ___ period or __ day or hasn't responded to your messages then he isn't interested. So.. my mind jumps to that as well. He's also 27 and I'm 22. So we grew up a little differently with phones too. What would you guys think if this was you? Guys out there, anyone like the guy I mentioned? Like now I feel like maybe he changed his mind about me since I sent a few messages and he hasn't responded in 2 days... even though he has done this before and it took a week. He also smokes a lot of weed, I don't know if that's a factor
3
1