+1 y

I never met this guy, but he said how somehow I keep coming to his mind. Does it sound like a line to you? Should I believe him?

I met a guy online 2 months ago - we haven't met and we both live busy schedules - a few times I suggested to meet up and he would always brush it off and say "of course, soon", but would never follow it up. He would always be texting me, and because we didn't meet, I came to the conclusion that he is just playing around and was talking to other girls. So I started to distance off.

I've been away for two weeks and whilst I was away, he would text me, but I told him that I will talk to him when I'm back as I didn't want to be disturbed on my holiday. Then he went away for two weeks as soon as I came back, and he told me how he's about to board the plane and that he will see me when he comes back. I told him that I hope so (just to brush it off as I didn't think he was being genuine)

Then he said how we will meet when we are ready and that he has faith as he thinks meeting too early kills the opportunity to get to know the person. He also told me to not meet too many other guys whilst he is away (I felt he was a bit possessive over that) and I just told him the truth that he is the only person I've been talking to consistently as I'm too busy to fish around. And that I have deactivated my dating profile too.

I didn't text him at all over the two weeks he was away and now he just came back from his trip and he just texted me this:
“I’m back in the same time zone”
“Just landed and on the way home ^^”
“Somehow you keep coming to mind”
“Hope everything is well”

Should I believe him and give it a chance? Do you think he is being genuine? Or is it just a game? My friends told me to be careful with being catfished as we have been txting for over 2 months, and he still doesn't want to meet.
1
1