we have been a really good couple but he just wants to keep what we have between us what do I do I'm so confused! I love him too much to dump him!
Most Helpful Guy
Find out why he wants to keep it a secret and why you want it to be known.
Plausible reasons for him wanting to keep it a secret:
- He's a player and announcing your relationship may infringe that status
- He's afraid his friends will tell him to break up with you (Fear of social influence)
- He's afraid that his parents may not approve of who you are and what he wants
Plausible reasons for you not wanting to keep it a secret
- You love him and appreciate your friends.
- You don't see anything wrong with other people knowing.
Why end a relationship over it not being announced? The only time I would recommend that course of action, is when it's reasonable to consider him being anything negative: A player, a jerk, abusive, etc.
- We often think that we love someone but fail to realise how they negatively impact our lives; not saying that all relationships are bad, but that a majority of people aren't paying attention to how they can prevent themselves from being hurt. For example, an alcoholic individual may be really funny when he's drunk, but without his beer he COULD become violent. That's not a time to be around him; but it's not a "good reason" to break up with him. There's always a potential to change, as a girlfriend/boyfriend we should support our other half in what they want to do UNTIL it harms us or that we are no longer willing to support them changing.
- Show AllShow Less