He said he will plan the date, but should I text him in between dates? or wait for him to initiate and confirm plans?

I met a guy from online and we went on our first date on Saturday- it went really well and at the end, he texted me when he was going home that he had a great time. On Sunday, he messaged and asked if I wanted to meet up again soon and I said yes to a second date. He said he will plan something soon and check his schedule this week. I'm assuming I will meet him sometime this week, probably Saturday again. We haven't texted since Sunday.

I don't want to appear clingy, in general, we don't text often during the week. Even before the first date, it was once/twice a week. Since I don't know him too well, I feel I'm not obliged to bombard him with messages every day and in a way create some anticipation of looking forward to our next meeting? Should I just wait for him to contact me as he said he will plan the date?

11

What Guys Said 1

• In my experience, it's best to wait until you don't have to wonder if it's bothersome to text him. Not necessarily because you'll come off clingy, but because if you waste all your talking topics over text, the next date might get awkward because you might have nothing left to talk about

What Girls Said 1

• I think it would be fine to text him in between dates. There is no need to bombard him with texts. Just a simple: "Hi, how are you?" would be enough.