Have you ever catched feelings for someone in a relationship?

How did you handle it?
And if not, what are some ways to get over someone that's already taken?

142

Most Helpful Guy

• it's pretty common. the best way is to not delude yourself. they ARE taken. you do NOT have a chance. trying to break up a couple so that you can date one of them is a bad idea, and it never works. waiting for them to break up is also dangerous, because then even if they do, how long do you wait? what do you say when they ask "how long have you felt like this?"? the easiest way is to tell yourself no. sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Just had to distance myself and tell myself it was never going to happen. I basically cut him out of my life because I found out he was a liar anyway. Funnily enough he had feelings back and his girlfriend even knew about it. They broke up and he came running to me but I had already moved on.

Also had it the other way around too. I had feelings for someone while I was in a relationship and he had feelings for me too. Ended up leaving my boyfriend for him and don't regret a thing.

What Guys Said 1

• again, pretty common. try to stay busy with your hobbies and you'll find someone in no time.

What Girls Said 13

• No, because it's wrong, VERY WRONG, if i would accidentally have a crush on somebody and then i find out they have a girlfriend, i would get SO TURNED OFF and i would forget them immediately and i would move on and wish them the best luck, it's unfair to just THINK about liking somebody who is already in a relationship, how would you feel as a girlfriend if some random chick has a crush on your boyfriend? Boooooy i would set her on fire not even kidding -_- so move on girl

• yes it's happened to me so many times. the best thing i can think of is try to find a new crush and if you can't do so distract yourself. those feelings are always the worst. stay strong.
    hope i helped

• Yeah. I guess.

We sexted n shit.

• Yep.. it sucked.. he dated every girl but me too but that was back elementary and middle school. Eventually you get over it.

• Only attraction, no deep feelings

• YES! I did not act on it, but there is definitely something that you want but can't

• Not legit feelings, more like he's cute fun and nice and if we were both single we should totally date.

• Yes and it ended miserably.

• Once in high school yet I never acted on it, guys in relationships are totally off limits

• No, never had such feelings

• I liked someone when I was in a relationship and he liked me back he was single never acted on it until I became single and we met up and 5 years later still together :) if it's ment to happen it will dont pursue it and don't wait for it , things happen for a reason

• Yes, I used to really like this guy in high school, but he always had a girlfriend.

I think the best way to get over someone who is taken, is to remove them from all social media sites. I'm just saying if he's married, he's taken, he's unavailable, and is a waste of your thoughts.

The guy above that is noted. I removed him as my friend on Facebook. I saw him in a bar once, and I guess he knew I liked him. He initiated the conversation, and the last thing he said to me was that he was engaged. I then knew that he was never going to be anything to me after that. I thought it was stupid to continue looking at his life, wishing he liked me. In order to move on, I removed him from my Facebook.

I still liked him as a person, but we weren't even really friends. Can a man and woman really ever be friends? One person always ends up liking someone especially if those people are equal levels of attractiveness.

Anyhow. I ended up meeting someone else. I dated a different guy for about three years. Four years after dating my now ex, I see the above guy in a bar again. He's celebrating his wife's 30th birthday. Again he comes up and talks to me. This time it's different. It's nice, because like before I didn't have to know what was happening in his life because of social media. I could have a conversation with someone and not know every detail of their life because I was their Facebook friend. I didn't feel anything anymore. It was just a conversation, and nothing more.

• Im sorry but what the fuck is "catched feelings"?
    s2.quickmeme.com/.../...c31242029f91b7ee4207ae.jpg

• I'm sorry sweetheart you see English isn't everyones first language. I made a grammar mistake so what?
      Is this an essay paper?
      Am I getting graded miss?
      The answers are NO right? But cash me ousside howbow dah?