Online Flame or Not?

I met this guy online recently.

We've spoken a lot in that time (pretty much everyday) and we send flirty messages here and there.

He opened up to me that he went to jail for some time, but has changed since then. He also said that he wouldn't tell someone that unless he was trying to build something with them.

So far, things have been going well. We even exchanged numbers and facetimed. We planned to meet up soon.

Everything seems to be going okay - until this week he's like nowhere to be found - not online & not answering my texts. Its been a week and I'm just wondering if maybe he's calling it quits. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's done. If you were important to him he'd make time for you. Try and move on.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• when any kind of friendship or relationship is built up online, it's easy to just call it quits as you put it. however, it's also very easy to get scared over things and need some time.
    There are the obvious possibilities of a personal or family crisis leading him to be unavailable for a while, but even if that's not the case this isn't a sign that things are over forever.
    It's very possible that the idea of meeting up has got to him. When there's a person online that you're just chatting to, it's very easy to open up, once you've built up a level of trust in them. The idea of actually meeting them, having to talk to them, and deal with them face to face as a person you've trusted with personal and scary information... It can be really hard. Especially seeing as he says he has opened up to you so much more than he might to someone else.
    This is dragging on a bit so I'll draw to a close. Don't get your hopes up. Don't convince yourself that he'll be back online and it'll all have been nothing. But at the same time, don't beat yourself up over it, and worry about whether he is calling it quits. He has as much access to communication with you as you have with him. Leave it, try to be ok with leaving it where it is, and if he does pop up, then you're in for a treat, not a disappointment.

What Girls Said 1