"I Just broke up with my girlfriend"?

Okay, so I'm a college student. And well there have been a lot of international students coming to my school, majority Korean. So, I was minding my own business trying to print something off for a class and this Korean guy was trying to get my attention. Being polite I said "hi" back. But then when we started making small talk, he just suddenly tells me "I just broke up with my girlfriend." I was absolutely shocked, and it was out of nowhere and being kind of awkward I just apologized and told him I hope you feel better. But I did managed to get his name the very next day. And now I run into him quite a bit. He seems really sweet and all, But, what do I do? Should I go for it? He's single. I'm single, but I feel like it would be a rebound. Help?

21

What Guys Said 1

• I would just try to be friend. See where things go. Do you connect with each other? Does he seem like a good friend? I tend to date people who were originally close friends. If after a couple weeks you guys are getting along well and he is single I would go for it. As for the rebound aspect. I don't think you have much to lose. If it turns out that he doesn't want a relationship after a couple months because he realizes he just needed someone for a short time (no loss) since you might still be single if you don't go out with him. Essentially, I think that you should try to go at things for a couple weeks and see where you are. Be cautious though as he is likely to be emotional right now and until you think that he has a clear head about his ex you shouldn't date him. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 2

• You should go for it and see if you would be a rebound. You never know, he could just be interested in friendship? But I would ask him out and see what he says and go from there.

• It would be a rebound and he very well may go back to his girlfriend but then again, he could be your one and only true love.