Tinder Question - If I put "not looking for a hook up" on my tinder profile, will this turn away guys? Or filter out that bad ones?

Or is just better to not say anything at all? And keep it mysterious? Usually the nasty guys who are just looking for sex, usually come off like they are during the conversation, so I feel like it's pretty easy to tell who's looking for what.

615

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll deter upfront guys, but you'll still attract arguably the worst ones, the creeps that will lead you on, so it really doesn't matter. Don't say anything, set your rules and see what kind of guys you're dealing with. If their idea of a date is you going over to their house at 11pm, you know what kind of guy you've got.

Most Helpful Girl

• Might deter some skeazeballs but honestly some players see that and will totally ignore it. Guys know every girl has their price and will see if they can change your mind. Some serious guys might see that and talk to you thinking you're a serious girlfriend potential. But I don't know who looks for that in tinder.

What Guys Said 14

• No, it won't work as a filter. Most guys swipe without reading (so do a lot of girls btw), plus that phrase will make actual players suspect you've been played in the past so you're still an easy target, or that it's a "shit-test" that the most cocky, handsome players can pass. Good guys might think you're a drama queen and that could put them off.

• Put the disclaimer in your profile. You will come across guy's who can't read and will ask you for sex and to hook up either way.

• Lol. I have nothing on my profile other than the college I went to. From this message board, I'm not going to add anything new I've decided.

• IN that way the guy, if he's gonna make the first move has nothing to start a conversation with you about except 'So, I see you went to college.'

• @asker Ok that is nice and cool. Adding less is best it will give guy's something to talk with you about.

• I think that's a fine thing to write on a profile. And I appreciate the honesty too. I would definitely write something though since not all guys are looking to hook up either. There are decent guys who use Tinder who want to date too, but maybe they're rarer I guess.
    If Tinder does not work out because of too many sleeze dogs and Match. com has not worked, I'd recommend either OKCupid or CoffeeMeetsBagel (which is my personal favorite). Also, just trying to get out and meet people through a club or meetup. com group is always a good thing too and can help to meet a nice guy that way too. Anyway, good luck out there!

• It would filter some guys away. I would find seeing that appealing because I wouldn't want a girl into hook ups, but I also don't think I would use a hook up site like tinder.

I think a lot of guys tend to swype yes to every girl just to save time, but they would still see that message if they were going to message you though.

• Hey do you think Bumble is like Tinder? In the area that I live in, I see the same guys on Tinder as well as Bumble.

• "I think I'm just really picky with the guys I go on dates with. I feel like their are not a lot of good options available."

I I feel the same way about women lol. I don't relate to why a guy may send hundreds of messages to different girls. Good options narrow much more as we get older too.

Wow you saw no one you liked on ok cupid. It's probably harder to gauge interest without being able to hear their voice and see their body language. I bet your interests would be broader if you could get a better sense of the persons personality by being in person instead of looking at pictures and a text bio.

I think I can relate to you though.

• Thanks.

• The girls that put that on their bio are the first ones to drop their panties. I'm sure it will deter some guys, but the ones that know Tinder won't go away, they will actually pursue you even more because they know they're gonna fuck if they play it good.

• lol. Everyone is different.

• It'll probably not do anything, to be honest with you. The guys you want to deter with that, would more than likely not even pay attention to the things you wrote anyway.

• It will function as a filter. Any one not looking for a hook up will not be bothered by you not looking for a hook up.

• I dont like it when women who add filters to their profile. (I actually read them) You come off sounding negative right off the bat. Also, I don't really like when people aren't up front about what they want. This app is meant to save time so that people can find exactly what they are looking for.
    But, maybe it doesn't always work out for girls, right? Do you end up attracting a lot of wierdos?

• I'm very selective when I chose to go out on a date with someone. But yeah a lot of people on Tinder are usually weirdoes. It's a lot to filter through. But I see the same people using Bumble that are Tinder.

People are constantly telling me that Bumble is so much better than Tinder, but then why do I always see the same people on Tinder? In my opinion Bumble is just as bad as Tinder.

• Hahahahahahahaha no. Any form of online dating without quality control means daily harassment and msgs from every single guy more or less. You will be sick from cat fish, trolls, dick pics, 1 liners, creeps etc. Rarely will you find actual matches.

• I've never gotten a dick pic from anyone in my life, so far. Hope to keep it that way. lol.

• No, guys will see that as a challenge.

• It won't work, men blanket fire messages on dating sites

• I think it would turn away nice guys.

• The way I see it if people are on Tinder, we all know why they are. Yes including all members, instead I wouldn't include that on your profile.

• I will only make me want to hook up with you even more

What Girls Said 5

• bad guys will probably still try or pretend like their not looking for a hook up when they really are. I'd, online dating is a mess now a days but there some out there looking a relationship.

• It's best to be clear about what arrangement your after, there are enough liars and players on those apps anyway, just be clear and honest.

• You should state your intentions and be open with it. Hopefully it will keep the guys who just want sex away, but honestly a lot of guys either won't read your profile anyway or will try their luck regardless of what you put on there.

however i dont recommend trying to be mysterious. you WANT guys to know you're not about that life. of course you know that you can't just talk about it, you have to be about it but yeah you should be upfront so the guy will know

• Lmfao dude what the hell are you doing on TINDER as someone over 21 years old not looking for only sex? Seriously, get on a decent dating site if you want to meet a real man.

• I've tried match. com. Spent $75.00 to use it. It's a lot harder to use, and the guys are a lot uglier. I'm 29, by the way. Tinder is the easiest, fastest, app out there. Match. com is full of 61 year old posing to be around 30. What's considered a decent dating app now a days?

• Maybe Tinder has a bad rep, but it's really easy to use.

• Tinder is really bad... almost laughable. I found my amazing boyfriend on okcupid. com

It's free and pretty decent with good men, you just need to know which ones are the sleazy only looking for sex types. It's pretty obvious on there too which guys actually read your profile versus which ones give you the generic "oh hi my name is blah and you are so pretty blah blah blah..." Those were automatic delete messages for me haha

• filter the bad ones, but even you write so they will chase you if they like you