Was not replying a bad idea?

I'm not sure whether or not it was a bad idea not to reply.. so here it goes. I spoke to this girl that was in my school. Haven't seen her in quite a while. It went ok, and she agreed to go on a date with me. Little did I know, she then tells me she's having issues with her ex, and that she's unsure about how she wants to proceed, and that she'd rather sort it out before going out with me. I sent her a nice reply telling her to let me know if she changes her mind. Her reply was "thanks for understanding, really. And I will 😘" (I was obviously let down. Feeling isn't too great. But hey, it is what it is. I just don't know if I should have maybe said something like "I'm here if you need anything" or whatever.. thoughts?

11

What Girls Said 1

• Nah! You did good.

• Well, do you think I should check on her in the near future? Or just forget about it and move on 😏

What Guys Said 1

• You should always respond to your master like a good slave