Guys who got out of the friendzone and got into a relationship with your female friend?

Guys who got out of the friendzone and got into a relationship with your female friend? Was it everything you imagined or were you disappointed by the reality?

215

Most Helpful Guy

• YES. I am now married to her and have 2 beautiful kids.

In almost ALL cases, when a female pulls her head out of her ass and realized that what she says she wants, isn't what she keeps going for, and the person she complains about it to is the guy who fits her ideal... it will almost always end up better than any other relationship she has had.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship and had a close friend who was in the friend zone for 5 years before he stole me. There was always something there. A connection, but I didn't know how he felt and just thought he wanted to be friends.

It's going amazingly well. Practically perfect. Never felt this way about anyone else before and he says the same. The first day we were officially"together" as a couple he confessed he had been in love with me for 3 years.

• That's awesome and so sweet!

• @cavmanier Yeah. Honestly, I think I made the right decision in breaking up with him, whether or not it was for someone else. I only really wanted to stay with him because we had a "history" and I thought breaking up would be too messy. I started going out with him as a rebound thing and didn't want to be alone. We had a lot of issues and in the last few months, every time we spent time together alone we were arguing (mostly because of his family). He had been abusive in the past but I always just kind of let it go, which is why it kept happening I guess. He'd break MY expensive things, such as my computer, over a silly argument. Use that to threaten me and make me do things I didn't want to do. When I broke up with him (didn't tell him anything about the other guy) he broke loads of my stuff, had me pinned with his hand around my neck and he hit me across the face (breaking my glasses). Later that night he raped me saying the last time had to be special and I shouldn't tell anyone.

• I was gonna say I feel sorry for your ex but then you said he raped you. I still feel sorry for him, but I wouldn't want that to sound unsympathetic. Hopefully your current relationship works out, but by your story, I wonder if you spending a year or two single would be best for you. I have a feeling you may just not want to be alone, and have used guys to fill that void. This guy may not even be who you want. You're young and have lots of time to figure that out though.

What Guys Said 14

• I stole her from her then boyfriend and never looked back. We're married now.

I don't believe in the 'friend zone.' It's like Trump's millions of illegal votes... just an
    'alternative fact.'

• Haha yeah, but everyone understands the term friend zone, so it's a good descriptor I guess.

I'm Glad it was everything you wanted :)

• Lol that's just creepy

• So are people lying about easily verifiable things like crowd sizes...

• To be honest, though it's never happened so for, I would love it :D
    Friendship is the best foundation for a long term relationship. Far less chance of failure than when you fall for a nice face or body and than after some time feel disappointed by who your "partner" really is :o

• I was heavily disappointed.

I know she legitimately liked me and wanted to be with me, but the whole reason she started liking me in the first place was because she was extremely upset one day and I guess I was really sweet in making her feel better. It felt like nothing more than an extreme case of gratitude because she was still madly lusting over the more athletic and domineering guys in the area. She tried to hide it but did a pretty shitty job. In the end, she admitted she still really liked them.

• Back when I was a simple beta male, I got out of a girl's friendzone I was in for 3 years and dated her. Ignoring how blind and wimpy I was, I enjoyed it.

• Honestly, it was like 10 times better than I even imagined! :P

• i never been there. but if any girl friend zones me then i won't try to win her back, i won't waste my time, and i'll find someone better

• i've had one where i was really disappointed and but a couple where it turned out great. I think if you can impress a girl sexually it usually turns out good.

• Did you actually friendzone the guy or did things develop as a natural friendship?

I've never broken out of the friendzone personally, but then again I view friendzones as a consolation prize of sorts and choose to walk away.

• The friendship developed naturally. We met at work when he was still in high school and I was at university so we were always just friends.

• Okay. Usually guys are put into the friendzone for a reason (usually not attractive enough) so I was wondering what changed your mind.

But it sounds more like you just let an actual friendship develop further over time. Good stuff.

• Dissapointed because she was a bitch. But lets not go there. The past is the past.

• Wouldn't you have known she was a bitch if you were friends first?

• Okay to be honest she wasn't that bad. I just have a lot of resentment towards her for not speaking my mind when I should have.

• One of my female friend developed a crush on me and she asked me out. Is that considered leaving the friend zone? I didn't think much of her romantically until the moment she asked me. I did find it weird at first and things ended badly.

• For me it was great but for her it was 'weird'. Her words. It started with alcohol and didn't last beyond a fling.
    Anyway, I just wondered if girls had harder opinions about this than guys. That once you're in one 'zone' it's harder for them to see you in any other way, even when you tick all the boxes for boyfriend/ girlfriend material.

• Well I just got in a relationship with my guy friend. He definitely started off in the friendzone, and our friendship kinda grew naturally, as he got older he was still a friend but still an option, but I wasn't really interested in him till recently and he had started flirting with me more which definitely made my feelings grow for him

• So maybe this means that when guys get 'friendzoned' we shouldn't accept that fate and need to do something if we want to get out.

• Absolutely, if you like her, flirt with her... it'll make you more of an option.

• it was everything i imagined until we broke up then I was disappointed

• The easy way out to me is to push her further into the friend zone and make her into almost a guy, girls hate that and it'll make her see that she needs to pull her head out her ass and try to be with you

• But once she is with you, is it everything you imagined or were you disappointed?

• haven't ever been friend zoned but if i had they wouldn't ever get a shot at a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• my friend Aaron got out of my friendzone about 4 years ago and became a regular part of Mfm with my husband Josh and I.. he's stayed single by his own choice to be able to stay apart of it