Should I ask a girl friend about this guy I'm interested in?

I recently met this guy over Instagram a few weeks ago. We talked a little, exchanged numbers, he said we should get coffee sometime. He has already tried to initiate plans that work with both of our schedules, but never finalized plans so it hasn't happened.

However, we have a mutual friend who is a girl that could be of some help to me. We both work with the girl, just at different jobs. I can tell they are pretty good friends from some of the pics I've seen of them together (she has a boyfriend by the way). I'm not as close to her as he is, but we get along very well at work. I haven't worked with her for about 6 months because of college, but the guy I'm interested in has probably seen her since then.

I guess my question is that I'd like to ask her something like "hey! Do you know ___ well? Is he a good guy?" And take it from there and see what she says about him. She's also the type of person that would say something to him like "hey, she's my friend and a really cool girl and you should totally go out with her." I just don't want him to think I'm crazy for asking our friend about him. He seems like a good guy but I think I'd be able to get a good second opinion on him from our mutual friend.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Why don't you just talk to the guy you're into and say when you are available?

• I need to be best commender please help me 😘😘😘

What Girls Said 1

• I think it would be better if you tried to get to know him on your own. Sometimes a man's female friends won't help you out, they will end up trying to get him instead.