Should a girl cut off contact with her crush if she has a boyfriend?

Let's say she was crushing hard and was texting another guy when she had a boyfriend, should she cut off contact so she won't cheat on her bf? Is it a thing that women do?

207

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the person shouldn't settle if she has her eye on someone else to the point that she thinks she might cheat on her now boyfriend if that crush showed interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's more interested in her crush than she is in her boyfriend, she should break up with her boyfriend so that both of them can move on.

If she cares about her boyfriend more than her crush, she should absolutely cut contact with her crush, and do everything she can to make her boyfriend happy and keep that relationship strong.

• How will the crush feel and do other girls usually do this when they find themselves in a scenario like this?

As in they can't take it any further without hurting someone seriously.

• You have to hurt someone.

• Exactly. You have to hurt someone. There is no other option. If you wait too long to make your decision, you'll end up hurting both of them, and yourself.

It's hard to be in a situation like this. But it's even harder on the guys involved. So make your decision as soon as you can, and most importantly, stick with that decision once you make it.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes she should. That is the first step towards being unfaithful.

• Yea she should

• If she doesn't, when I find out, she can expect to find the scent of another woman's pussy on my dick the next time she goes to suck it. I won't just break up, I'll make it an emotional annihilation.

• Of course it's justified that you would be hurt and upset if you found out, but payback on that level isn't justice, it's malice. Cheating is a decisive action that you have 100% control over, not a feeling that you can't help. Plus, cheating on your partner puts them at risk for catching an STD or STI, which is an incredibly serious position to put them in.

• Breaking up with her is totally justified. Doing it in a way that puts her health at risk is not. That's the only argument I'm trying to make here.

• I know this is all hypothetical anyway. But sexual health is an incredibly serious issue (i. e. it can put lives at risks), so I can't see a comment like yours and not say something.

• She should end things with the guy. she's obviously not interested anymore in that relationship

• you dont have a boyfriend

• if she wants too. i dont care whit ho she text its her personal space. how ewer dont brake a guys hard

What Girls Said 19

• she has a crush on another dude and already texted that guy knowing she liked him. if she's able to like another dude she should break up with her boyfriend to save him that trouble cause she ain't worth his time

• Why would you be chatting with another guy in the first place? Maybe break up with the boyfriend. You don't love or respect him.. So why waste his time?

• Why would you say the girl doesn't love him or respect him? What if the other guy is really really good looking and she's having a hard time controlling her emotions but still loves her bf?

Is it a sign of disrespect if a girl hides her having a bf?

• Are you kidding me, while you have a boyfriend you can't just have a crush on somebody? This means you don't love your boyfriend... Your boyfriend is supposed to be your crush, lover, best friend, everything...

Not a nice thing to do honestly

• So what should a girl do if she really likes another guy? Just cut him out, if so, how common is it for girls to do?

• What happens if the guy is really hot and she just crushes naturally?

Will the other guy be mad for keeping her boyfriend a secret and then just ignoring him or what?

• I think you didn't get my point i will therefore stop commenting, you should resolve this on your own and do whatever you like, but if you have CRUSHES while being in a relationship with somebody it's WRONG and IMMATURE, you are CHEATING and it is unfair, no matter how freaking hot the other douchebag is... GOT IT?

• One thing that women do is turn the crush into a boyfriend or get a boyfriend when you've lost interest in a crush.

• She should cut off contact if she can't handle just being friends, and nothing more.

If she can handle just being friends, then she doesn't need to cut off contact with him.

• Do other girls usually only do this if they can't be friends with the guy and they're too attracted to him?

My friend still hasn't told the other guy she has a boyfriend soooo...

• She already cheated on her boyfriend. It's best to stop right now before it's to late. Some men and women do this but it's not allowed, especially while in a relationship.

• Will it seem obv to the other dude?

• break up with the boyfriend if you have no feelings for him. do not put him through this shit cuz, that's just not right.
    if you have feelings for the boyfriend, forget about the crush, if you can't, break up with the boyfriend

• The fact that you said she's "crushing hard" makes all the difference.

Everyone thinks other people are cute sometimes. But if your attention is completely off your man... why are you still dating him?

Do him a favor and tell him what going on and break up.

If you are that focused on another guy, you no longer love your man like you should.

That's what I would do anyway.

• she is practically cheating already, she should do the right thing and cut the relationship.

• How is it cheating?

And should she cut the relationship with the other guy or the boyfriend?

• she is allowing herself to get feelings for someone else while she is in a relationship. She should cut the relationship with the boyfriend If she really was interested in the boyfriend there would be no lingering eyes for someone else.

• No. Honestly I look at it like you can be attracted to multiple people at once but you can only love one at a time. As long as you're smart and don't actually cheat then I think it's fine to keep contact with a crush.

• yes she should

• You either cut it off with the guy you're interested in or with your boyfriend. Don't do something wrong. End things with one

• Will the other guy be mad? Especially if he was never told about a boyfriend?

• Look if you still have feelings for your boyfriend, cut off things with the guy. You can say "Look, sorry I didn't tell you before but I have a boyfriend. I can't talk to you anymore."

Or you can just stop talking to him.

• If she just stops talking to the other guy, will he think the girl was just scared of cheating or what?

And could she ever talk to him maybe later on down the line or is it over and done forever?

• Yes it is what a matured woman should do.

• Is it common for other girls to do this, will he see what's going on?

• Why would he assume that? Would he think the girl wanted to **** him badly or something?

• That I do not know. But what is your true purpose or motive in texting him?

• I can't believe this is a serious question.

• What are you saying?

• I'm saying it's obvious that YES YOU DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR BOYFRIEND

• Um yeah, that's pretty obvious that she should do that.

• Will girls usually do this if they develop a crush on a guy? How obvious will it be to the other dude?

• If she's your friend, ask her.

• Well what do you think and what are some signs to look out for?

• #headdesk#

Yes, it is something all mature and responsible women who respect their partners do.

• How will the other guy feel?

• If you don't tell him yourself, you are going to look horrible. You're going to make him think you are a totally manipulative little bitch who plays with guys' hearts. Is that what you want him to think? Is that the reputation that you want to have? What about when your boyfriend finds out? These things have a way of always coming out.

You either deal with it proactively or you wait for the shit to hit the fan and you're covered in it. Make your choice.

• Will he think she's a whore who was scared of cheating or what? What happens if the girl has known the guy for a few months, does that make it worse that she kept it going on?

And would the girls boyfriend be thinking that she was looking to cheat?

• No you shouldn't cut off contact because you never know if it might work out and hopefully it does. And plus you never know when you may need that person later for a job or something.

• I think she should break it off with her boyfriend and go for the crush. If you have to ask this question, it means you feel confused so I personally think if you're flirting with someone while having a boyfriend, you don't like the boyfriend enough.

• If I were ever worried about cheating I would stay away from the guy. In fact, in my long term relationships, I may have had crushes but I literally admire these people from a far. I never make moves to talk to them. I kind of treat them like celebrities I like, I like the way they look but don't want anything to actually happen. Not that I have a chance with any celebrities.

• If you weren't worried about cheating you would freely socialize with them and involve them in your life?

And my friend still never told the other guy she has a boyfriend, is that a big mistake?

• If I were to call the person a "crush" then that means I fancy them and at least for me I wouldn't want to risk it. It starts innocently enough but then you're telling the crush things you never told your boyfriend and it just keeps going further. If her crush pursued her that's kind of different because you don't want to just tell him to go away. I might try to set him up with a friend or something to avoid him being interested in me and further complicating things. If it was a random guy who I just thought of as a friend and not as a crush then I would include them in my life and not have a problem with it. Even if he liked me I would be ok because I didn't have a crush on him.

She probably should tell the crush she has a boyfriend. She could just casually drop a hint like "oh I went to see this movie with my boyfriend yesterday and blah blah". She doesn't have to make it a huge deal but then at least he knows. Hope this helps!

• If a girl just cuts off contact and stops speaking to him without ever telling him about the boyfriend but he finds out on his own, how will he feel and perceive the girl?

Will he be cocky because he knows he's attractive or will he be hurt or what?

And why do you think a girl wouldn't mention her boyfriend to another guy?