Do I sound like girlfriend material?

So I know how easy it is to make yourself sound good on paper, but I'm just starting the facts. I'm definitely not perfect and have unattractive qualities.

im 19, female. I'm a computer engineering student at one of the top 5 programs in the U. S., I have. 3.9 gpa. I started college when I was 17. I volunteer every week feeding homeless families. I'm in okay shape... Pretty average looking girl. I work at my college as a tutor, I have worked at a bookstore before and at coffee shops. I travel often (taking 1-3 trips a year anywhere from 1-4 weeks at a time). I read a lot. I have a pretty big social circle.

I just feel like I'm an okay person and I attract assholes, I don't know.

• Yes
  • No
  • I have another opinion
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

419

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like girlfriend material forsure. What caught my interest is the 3.9 GPA in Computer Engineering. I have the exact same GPA in Mechanical Engineering. This alone shows that you are intelligent and have a strong work ethic. You're well rounded as well with a big social circle which is a huge plus given that a lot of engineering are polar opposite of that.

As far as your looks, this is how I look at it... If a girl is a 5/10 in my books then she is completely datable. She has the ability to turn herself into a 10/10 through time based how she acts and communicates. That initial visual stimulation will get you in the door but I'll never get in a relationship based on solely looks ever again. Huge mistake.

I could be shallow at times when I was looking for a quick fuck for sure but a relationship is within a whole new realm entirely. My girlfriend right now is a total knockout but that's not the only reason I'm dating her. That list as to why I'm dating her is a long one. If she was only hot then I would of just fucked her and been on my way.

Don't be overly concerned about your looks. Everyone woman I've ever known is. Even the ones who legitimately stunning. You sound insecure as if you don't think you have enough value to be datable. That sort of attitude creates a pretty transparent vibe. Just remember that confidence and swagger go a long way.

Most Helpful Girl

• you sound perfect, I mean for a girlfriend material.
    to find a guy you might have to try to meet your friends brothers, or try to meet friends friends... another way to meet someone is through a engineering club or say hi to a guy in your engineering class...

What Guys Said 18

• You sound like the perfect girlfriend. Smart and friendly.

• yeah, but at the same time it also sounds like you have a bit too much going on in your life for a relationship, and that's not a bad thing. if I were you I would wait until you're out of college and have a more steady life before you start searching for something serious, otherwise the guys you date may feel like such a miniscule part of your life that they don't even matter. However, after your life is more steady, yeah, I feel like you could be a pretty good girlfriend.

• This is actually really helpful advice. I feel the same. In the past when I have been on dates I never felt that into the guy because I was too busy... So it was actually an inconvenience having someone around who always wanted to see you. I was thinking of just NOT dating until I finish college.

• that is probably a good idea. accomplish what you want to accomplish first so that your life is less hectic, and then allow yourself to look for a serious relationship. And props to you, I don't think I (along with most people) would ever be able to do all the stuff you are doing. just stay focused on your goals and before you know it you'll be able to enjoy all your accomplishments while being in that serious relationship you're looking for.

• Good for you for going for computer engineering!

You sound like a really nice person, actually. I'm attracted... and I don't THINK I'm an asshole... (I dunno, make up your own mind by viewing the answers I give to various questions...)

• Wait... are you what SHOULD be average, or what actually is average? In America, what is average is overweight bordering on obese (according to science, the CDC and the AMA, for all you pink thumbs downing fatties!).

Other than that, you're the right age and you're not doing retarded shit with your college major. So if you're not fat, you're good.

• A pretty girl wins 70% of the battle with looks alone, her kind personality finishes 10-20%, and if she gets a confident vibe and actually talks to guys, the rest is finished.

An ugly girl wins 10- 20% of the battle by looks, 80-90% of the battle by being outgoing, having a mixture of coy, cute, kind, and playful personality, and have that confident, chill, relaxed vibe that says "I'm ugly? So what? I can get guys anyway" All the guys who have no conversation skills will be in the background thinking how can they ever get her. Their overall FIRE wins almost all their battle, to simplify it.

Basically if you're "pretty", all you need is PERSONALITY and a vibe that says "I love life" and ACTUALLY MEET guys, they'll come by the multitudes, they can't have excuses.. Ugly girls need what I said above.

If you don't get guys after this it's because your energy would make you too hot and unattainable.

• ''I have. 3.9 gpa''

DISQUALIFIED... just for mentioning that...

• what why

• None of that matters to the vast majority of guys but I've seen a few girls judge a guy on gpa. You mentioning gpa makes me wonder if you are projecting.

Here's the thing, you probably attract assholes because there are more assholes around nowadays. Want to know why?

When a guy is nice, humble, gentle, gentlemanly, he is invisible to the vast majority of women. Men adapt to what's most in demand and cocky, outgoing, aloof and sometimes assholish behaviour is what gets the most results. I've seen it far too many times...

I think that in the future, there will barely be any nice guys left to be honest.

• Yeah, true. & I'm just mentioning it to mention it really. I honestly don't judge a person based on how well they do in school... I was a pretty piss poor student in highschool but I turned it around.

• Don't worry about it. You sound great. I'm sure it's partly your age and your in college. Guys just wanna have in any university.

• You sound good, but I wonder what your flaws are...

• Honestly, the only way to know for sure is to actually go on a date.

Based on what you wrote, I'd say probably. Then again, it depends on the guy because different guys are looking for different traits when it comes to girls.

• To be honest with you I wouldn't date you for one because you aren't my type. And I also just prefer being single.

• You're young and dumb

• How am I young and dumb?

• I don't boast that when I talk to someone, I'm just saying some of the things that I do.
      Generally I'm nice and I've been told I have a good sense of humor.

• Also, just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm dumb so yeah, thanks.

• wow your impressing and i woud say you Sound like a grate girlfriend but i dont know your bad habits so dificoult to say

• You seem nice to me

• no you're too good for me, but for others yes

• You sound great as an employee (like I would probably hire you).

As a girlfriend, all you basically said is your average looking, you read, you help the homeless.

Well that sounds... okay? Slightly good?

Okay shape is probably the selling point, that and maybe your althruism comes out in actually being nice?

• You don't sound very sexual. Just my honest opinion. However I could be wrong. But what I've read In the paragraph I would say no. Not girlfriend material. Also I'm somewhat shallow. I wouldn't even want to be seen with a average looking girl. As I only date nice looking ones.

• The zone of friends.

• Sorry but, we have to know what you're like as a person tbh😅 you're just telling us like what you've done and where you studied. We'd like to know what your personality😊

What Girls Said 3

• yes you are

• what does your gpa have to do with being a good girlfriend? The matter is your personality, not your gpa at school

• You sound a little too serious for me, grates, school etc, I don't really like that but other than that yea.

• I really don't take myself that seriously.. but yeah i feel like dating is weird because i'm in college so XD... my free time goes to hw or work

• I'm in college too! And I am not even studying xD And yea I know what you're talking about Dx
      We don't have hw thankfully.
      by the way, grades* not grates jesus christ e. e