How do you let a female coworker know you're interested in her without it being sexual harassment?

I've always been afraid more than ever to approach any girl I work around and ask them out. The reason why is because "This is work, and it's professional, and you don't act in such a manner..."

Weirder yet, if you get shot down, now you gotta deal with the awkward elephant in the room should you ever have to work together on something (I work in an office, so this likely means meetings).

There are lots of cute girls in the upper floors that I'm attracted to, but I feel like the consequences of a little flirting will get me in a lot of trouble, not to mention will be just embarrassing...

Has anyone ever had any success with this? Or should I stick to the hell that is dating sites plus bars...

Most Helpful Girl

• You ask her out politely, once. Harassment has to be persistent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had success but much of the success will come down to dumb luck. Let me explain. First, rather than to ask a out girl from work, AT work, you need to be together out of the office. In like a group going to dinner or drinks setting. There you can get a better vibe, you're both on neutral ground and there's probably alcohol... just saying, it helps. If you click there, you bring up the office dynamic that you really like her but if it doesn't work you want you both to be cool. If she likes you, she'll agree to that. Not saying she'll adhere to that if things go south but it'll at least be in the back of her mind if that point comes. I got lucky and dated a few of the coolest girls at my work and when things fizzled out or one of us started focusing elsewhere, we were able to maintain cool friendships with no weird or awkward work vibe.
    Good luck With it all.

What Girls Said 1

• Me and my fiancĂ© met through work, he told me he liked me other facebook and I told him I felt the same. Just tell her how you feel and see what happens

What Guys Said 2

• You can always organize a group going to happy hour after work and invite a girl to join the group. If she's interested, she will spend time with you. If not, you never directly expressed any interest, so there's no need to be embarrassed.

• "Hey want to go get coffee/lunch sometime?"