Is it wrong that I don't date women with kids?

I don't judge a single mom or think differently of her. It's just that I cannot date a woman with kids. Im not gonna put in money, time, and effort on someone else's kids. That is just too much work. I can't raise kids unless their my own. I would hate waking up every morning looking at a child who looks like my girlfriends ex.

I admire those guys who take in other people's kids like their own, but I know I can't. My sisters always tell me I'm so ignorant, and I don't understand why.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, it is not wrong. you have your own choice

What Girls Said 17

• Honestly it's your preference. If you currently don't have kids, then I don't think there is a problem with not wanting to date single moms. It is a lot of work when you have kids to care for them. And it's hard to make time for relationships.

There is a lot to consider when you start to date a single parent. Mainly the kids and the ex. How is the relationship between the ex and your partner? If it's a bad one, it could mean you will be dealing with a lot of drama. If it's a good one, maybe they are too close and you feel jealous.

Plus depending on the whole situation, you could be looking at a huge life change.

There's nothing wrong with dating a single parent. But you best be sure that it is something you want if you are going to date one. It's not going to be easy and will take a lot of compromise and teamwork.

• Well for some women you might sound ignorant but at the end of the day who isn't?

I think you have every right to think that way, at least you are being honest and you don't want that responsibility. I wouldn't like to be together with a man who has already kids either, i am being totally honest.

I think you are right and you don't have to feel bad about it :) your life your choices.

• You have every right to your preferences. Many people feel uncomfortable about raising kids that are not theirs. Hearing 'you're not my father,' or you're not my mother' wouldnstress anyone out. There are people who can't have their own kids and meet someone they love with kids. It all depends on what makes you happy.

• Of course not - if you can't bring joy to children's lives, step aside & allow the better suited a shot

• Say yo do have kids someday and it doesn't work out with the mother. You want to date again and you meet a beautiful woman, you guys click and every thing is great.. but then she drops a bomb on you: she won't date you cause you have kids. Now think about that..

• But if you don't want to date women with kids.. it's cool

• I'd obviously have to change my standards if I end up with kids. If I have kids in the future I wouldn't expect a woman without kids to date me!

• Plus I'm the kinda guy who strongly disagrees with out of wedlock pregnancies. I've been responsible with my reproductive system since day one.

So I need a woman on the same page!

• No, that's your prerogative. People can't judge you for having preferences. We all have our own preferences and deal-breakers

• Nah, that's not bad.

• Ah everyone has their deal breakers I guess, as long as your not disrespectful about it, I don't see the problem.

• Everyone is entitled to like and date whomever they want, it doesn't make racist, judgmental, or discriminatory. That is the beauty of free will.

• There's nothing wrong with being direct about what you're looking for. I've had a guy tell me he didn't want to date me because I don't have kids and he did. I certainly wasn't offend.

• To each their own. It's not wrong it's just what you prefer and what you're comfortable with. But it's nice to see that you're not judging those ladies.

• Who says the kid doesn't just look like their mommy

• No, I wouldn't date a guy with children for almost the same reasons.

• What that ex is dead? I think or it appears you're not fully thinking.

• No, you are to be commended for being clear about what you want.

• No, you don't have to date women with kids.

• It's okay. I can't date a guy with children too.
    I respect they take responsibility but i don't think the relationship works without my sacrifice and so much dramas

What Guys Said 7

• Both of my wives had kids when we married. I would not trade those experiences for anything.

Your selfish attitude says a lot about who you are. Kids do not need that type of a roll model living under their roof as their life is already made more difficult by not having a father figure. They deserve someone who will love them as their own. In fact, they need that to grow into healthy, happy adults.

The biological clock is ticking on women around your age who do not have kids. Maybe you should consider seeking out women who can not have children as there are men who will not marry one if it is known. You may be much happier that way.

• Why would would there be anything wrong with that? Anybody in their right mind should know that single mother infers:

1. Baggage
    2. Potential/risk alimony and child support payments to children that are not even yours!
    3. A woman who is not capable of choosing their partners correctly (reasons why she's in that situation in first place) and now wants a nice guy to provide for her self entitled ass since she's used goods from every bad boy and player.
    4. High partner count depending how many kids she's had from different men (whore)
    5. There are most likely post wall and above 30+ which means there fertility is low to bare anymore children along with her looks fading so eventually depreciating.
    6. An not to mention.. epic love handles, massive bargain bucket (vagina) and stretch marks.

All these you must consider, there okay for a one night stand.

• Absolutely not, and you are absolutely right to judge them. With all the options they have for birth control, there's no excuse. Every woman who got pregnant out of wedlock fucked herself. And divorced? Even bigger bag of shit. Dead husband? Know what that sounds like? A big fat steaming pile of not your god damn problem.

Fresh and unblown out pussy only. Let the white knights and captain save a hoes have the baby daddy leftovers.

You mad single mothers?

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../trump.jpg

• no its sensible

• in my opinion it takes a special kind of guy to date a woman with kids. Probably a guy who has kids of his own.

• No, it's not.

• Its a healthy normal mindset, dont worry