Would you date someone who is mentally challenged?

A mentally challenged woman likes me, I don't know what to do.

159

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly no. I think dating a mentally challenged person would be taking advantage of them. It wouldn't be an equal relationship where the two of us could rationally reason with one another and have fair discussions.

• I was asking because someone like that likes me, I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• All women are mentally challenged bud. So yes in that aspect.
    But mentally retarded is a different story. It would be a NO.

What Girls Said 14

• To be honest, depends on how mentally challenged. If he should mentally be like a child, I wouldn't feel okay with being with him as he cannot consent to anything really. However if he should still be a man just with certain challenges, I'd be willing to take them on together with him.

• it takes a strong man to like and care for someone who is mentally challenged make sure your dating her for the right reasons

• No. That maybe is wrong? I don't know. I feel like we wouldn't be equal and I would feel like a parent coming into that relationship. That's also many times a full time job.

• I know one who has a crush on me

• Honestly? NO... i have enough problems don't need another one ;)

• Couldn't do it. Intellectual compatibility is super important to me

• Is it bad to say it isn't for me?

• Not at all. I think it's respectable to be able to look past a person's mental disability in a relationship. My family has a background in psychiatry so I'm familiar with the concept that with mentally challenged individuals they have an easier time answering straightforward questions and have a difficult time with abstract questions which just isn't compatible with me personally.

• I tried and it ended very quickly. I just couldn't do it, it was like dealing with another child and I have 3 so I just could not do it. I mean I guess it also really depends on what they have and the severaity of it.

• Yes, I have before, lasted for a year.

• If it is in a possitive change then yes I would date

• No you never really know how they will react

• Nope.

• couldn't

• no...

• yes.

• Depends on what her mental issue is..

What Guys Said 8

• No I wouldn't.

• What are we talking about when you say mentally challenged? Mentally retarded? My answer is almost 100 % no, depending on the condition and severity of it.

• That depends on the severity

• Well, I hear female Marines are wildcats in bed, so yeah.

• What are you trying to say? Marines are mentally challenged? Being one myself I find that less than humeruos.

I am sure they are wild cats though. I wouldn't know first hand, only from stories. I stayed away from them when I was in. Weren't any in my unit either, and rarely interacted with them. Wasn't looking for a false rape charge and I view them as more masculine than feminine which is generally a turn off.

• @Exterminatore They make you turn yours in? Barbarians!! They let us keep them AND give us lace garter belts with our dd214s.

... Sorry... Bar-bar-i-an. That means savage.

• i know it isn't easy, but someone has to baby sit the territory we capture and burry all the dead hajis.

Let's face it, neither of us were all that bright or we would have joined the Air Force and enjoyed hot chow and air conditioned barracks on the daily.

• Nope.

• nope. for the sole reason that it's guaranteed to be a disaster down the road

• My name is not Melania.

• Maybe, it depends how.