I was turned down because I have tourettes, are most people like this?

I was turned down by my crush because she doesn't think she can handle my tics on a date, is that what most people feel like?

155

Most Helpful Girl

• As unfortunate as that is, it happens more often than not. Some people are better prepared and more willing to be with someone with something like that and some people aren't. You can't really blame her because she doesn't want to deal with your tics. It doesn't mean you won't ever find someone who will be able to handle you fully, it just means it wasn't her.

• I guess I can't blame her, but it does kinda hurt.

Most Helpful Guy

• can't blame her... sorry man she's not worth it. you have something you can't fix why care about someone who doesn't care

• Why can't you blame her?

• i know u can't help it but they can't help caring you should move on find someone who deserves you. it sucks i get it but its not changeable. you can either feel sorry for yourself or make an amazing life for yourself

• thanks man hope you found happyness

What Girls Said 14

• It's sad but yeah people can be like this, especially if they don't know much about it. Some people will be more mature about it and deal with it better than others. Honestly, I'd probably feel a little embarrassed out in public with someone with tourettes (I have social anxiety though), but it wouldn't bother me enough to turn someone down that I really like. You'll find the right girl and she'll be able to handle it with you.

• I don't think it's personal she probably has a lot of insecurities and she's projecting them on you because she's afraid it will draw more attention too both of you

• She not cool man !! No most definitely not me.
    I'm sure there will be girls out there who doesn't think that! I've liked a guy before who has tourettes. She just not worth it. Sorry

• It would probably startle me, especially if it was the first day and I didn't know about the condition. If I really liked the person, I'm sure I could get over it.

• Sorry about that! Don't let it get to you though. If someone likes you for real, they'll like you for who you are.

• I'm so sorry... I wouldn't turn you down

• Don't worry about it... people are going to hate you regardless. I stutter when I'm nervous and my siblings give me 💩 about it all the time.

• What kind of tics?

• So not cool! She's not worth it.

• Do you call people fat or insult them by accident?

• No, I just make weird noises and twitch

• She probably cares too much about what others think and would be scared people will be looking at you when you go out with her. But no not everyone is like this, I wouldn't care. Besides you only make noises and twitch it's not like you say things.

• It personally wouldn't make a difference if someone did or not

• That's not cool, my brother has Tourette's and he says it's like a sneeze; u can't really help it. I wouldn't have done that if I were her

• Seems unfair to me, but then that's her choice. I don't think most people feel that way. It depends on each individual person but doubt that's how most feel.

• aw that's sad

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sorry to hear that bro. But don't worry I've been turned down for having asperger syndrome, but i realise those girls aren't worth it and there are girls out there who will accept who you are and appreciate who you are. Don't be discouraged by this one girl.

• No. I'm not.

• Indeed

• Sadly I think most people are too shallow to deal with that.