Girls, is it awkward if I open the door of the car for you?

I have to admit, last date I had the girl told me I was a little bit odd, cause I opened the door of the car, and I move the chair for her to seat, I insist she let me take care of the check, and I have a handkerchief with me at all times, no I'm not 60? I'm 27, I was just raised that way, I don't do it to try to "score" as some people have pointed out, it's part of who I am
but to the question: is it weird? Does it make girls uncomfortable? If so I really need to change my ways

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's really nice, do not change for anyone ever. There is nothing wrong with being a gentleman, there is someone out there meant for you who will appreciate and love you the way you are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be who you are. I have the same values but it seems this generation as i be one of them is a divided society. Some men never learnt to hold on to these values at all. Some women consider it offensive instead of politeness and respect. Some ideologies has changed. But i stay who i am. Whoever don't like it. They feel free to keep going. I will find someone fit to my values but i won't change my principles because of an individual.

You're gonna face lots of odd situations but i suggest you stick to what you believe in. We are not the only ones who embrace the same values. There many people out there.

What Girls Said 6

• I have been raised the same way. I can understand that some people might find it weird or a bit over, but to be fair I can't really say if it's weird or not as I don't see this as weird at all.

• Its honestly very respectable and kind, keep doing it, it's rare today

• That's sweet and really cute never change love

• Its very sweet

• I would definitely like it - unusual, perhaps, but in an entirely good way

• If my crush did that id kiss him, so frickin chivalrous

What Guys Said 1

• Handkerchief part seems weird. Others I don't care.