When a guy say this does he really mean it after a breakup?

I've been dating this guy for 2months and I noticed a shift in his behavior. I asked him if he needed space and he said "I love you for that that might be best. I know he's been a little mentally strained and stressed out and we live 2hrs away each other. He also said "I still want us to communicate because I'm here for you regardless". Do you think he really means or was just saying it to sound good?

21

What Guys Said 1

• It could be either or honestly. From the sounds of it he really ment it. If he wants to keep in contact with you then he probably really does mean what he said. Now actions speak louder than words and see if he actually keeps in contact with you though it sounds like he has a lot on his plate so try and be understanding.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't mean to be harsh, bur a lot of people know me for being realistic.

As much as i like to see something positive in every relationship in see a tiny red flag here.

If a man really really really cares, he wouldn't care about the 2 hours, he would like to be with you nonstop he wouldn't need the space, because 2 months are waaaaay too soon to request or to give spaces, usually the first months are the most exciting in a relationship.

You should tell him how you feel about this, because he can't just read your mind, if you told him that you are giving him space he might think that YOU ARE OKAY With it since you suggested it, tell him how you REALLY feel ;) don't be shy and you have nothing to loose. HE will appreciate it trust me.

Take care and good luck

• I would take from that he likes you but doesn't have time to dedicate to building a relationship at this point. I would see if he makes an effort to keep in touch or just fades out. Best of luck to you!