Should I end it?

I've been casually seeing this guy for almost a year now and things have gone up and down. I really liked him and I believe he has feelings for me/attached to me to some extent but he can't commit to anyone... so I decided to slowly distance myself for the past few weeks because I am tired of feeling like shit after seeing him. I think he felt I was pulling away so he was reaching out snapping me etc. He was away for awhile and got me a present. I was curious what it was so I caved in and saw him... He was extra nice and affectionate kissing my head holding me etc... and it was nice and I really care about him but I care about myself more now. I don't want to lose my power and fall into the cycle again. Should I just cut him off?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Yep cause if your worried about needing power over someone in a relationship you shouldn't be in one.

• i think you should cut him off

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like it will be difficult to do but you should cut him off. The more you keep things going on, the more you run the risk of falling deeper and being caught up in a never-ending toxic cycle. You really have to be strong. I know it's hard. I had to reject the first guy I ever truly loved. I know this isn't about me, but it's possible to end things, I promise.