Blonde hair on black African girls?

Hi guys
My boyfriend told me that I would look good with blonde hair. My hair is naturally black then I went to salon to dye it blonde. Now he says I look horrible. I like the new look, I think I look beautiful n evens out my complexion well. I'm black African with medium complexion light brown skin...
Should I go back to black to make him happy?

69

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like white girls to dye their hair blonde if they have a darker natural color, so I think it looks worse in black girls. But your boyfriend has told previosly you would look good with it and the main reason you did is to please his suggestion, so, if I were you, I will keep the hair blonde some months to make him know that he shouldn't gamble with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it looks fake and tacky. Personally, I laugh at black women parading around in blonde "hair."

What Guys Said 8

• Personally, I don't like blonde hair on people with dark tans, let alone black skin. It just looks unnatural to me.

However, you shouldn't do anything merely for your BF's sake. Do what makes you happy, and if he was right for you, the same things would make him happy. That's called compatibility.

• Your boyfriend is an asshole... he should tend to his own hair. Most females I've dated have been Black, and they've had straight, curly, braids, etc... they can wear their hair any way they want. I'm not a hair dictator.

• I personally am not a fan of blonde hair on black girls... doesn't meant that it can't look good though.

that being said, your guy seems to be an asshole

• Blond hair on dark skin looks horrible. im sorry

• every time i think of a black girl with blonde hair, i think of a Duracell battery. some might be able to pull it off, but most, no. I don't know what you look like so i can't personally help you

• I think you firstly should ask him if he is kidding you

• I bet you look pretty

• Yes.. blonde black women look weird.

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the shade you got (id have to see it really) but yea, change back if you want to please him

• He's an ass!

• I think natural hair looks better on them

• Need to see a pic.

• Look bad