I can't tell is he's into me? A month of texting, no dates.. is this normal?

So I've been talking to this guy for a month now (he's 28 and I'm 23). I've known him (not well) for a while because we somewhat float around the same very large circle. Two years ago, I dated one of his frat brothers (he knows this and plus they aren't close or anything like that). Either way, this guy and I have been texting nonstop for a month. We do group things because my good friend dates his good friend. I asked him to go to the movies with me once so that has been our only one-on-one thing other than the time we had a double date where my friend and I cooked for them and me and him ended up watching a movie together. He told me once that he wanted to take me wine tasting, but that never happened. Recently he wanted to take me out for ice cream. He told me Friday that he'd take me Sunday. Come Sunday, hanging out with his friends ran late so he promised to make it up with me and he'd take me on a date to my place of choice. Of course I chose an expensive restaurant. These past couple of days, he's fallen off on the texting. He no longer texts me throughout the day. The last thing I want to accept is a pity date. Should I cancel and move on with my life?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I say from mistakes I have made in the past that guys can easily make mistakes and forget how women tend to think a bit differently from men you may not realise that he is neglecting you so badly but on the other hand it doesn't sound like he's too committed to a date

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. He's not that into you.
    Or you've put him off with an entitled request for an expensive dinner. Do you always do stuff like this?

• Nope, never. I am very easy to please. After all, we were supposed to go to get ice cream! I would have been happy with that. He asked me what was my fav restaurant and said we could go there.

• You cannot negotiate attraction, desire, or passion. It's either there or it isn't. Seems like young people these days are really clueless on this. If you two aren't wanting to rip the clothes off each other then there simply isn't any passion there. And this doesn't get better over time - it soon fades. So if there's nothing at the beginning of the relationship - NRE - then there never will be. You can't make something of nothing. It's like luke warm coffee - it's not hot and it's not cold, it's just meh.

• So true. Thank you!

• He done. Time to move on.

• You aren't 2 haha

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!