Is this normal when dating?

So my boyfriend and I have been going out for 2.5 months and we both are busy in our lives and say morning or night over snapchat (that's how we communicate mainly but we text if it's urgent). Anyway we only see each other once or twice a week. He tells me he missed me and we hang out but since it's winter we usually just watch movies or go out to eat or go on short walks. That's not the problem though, all of those things are great but there are times when I see he isn't doing anything and he sees that I'm not doing anything and sometimes I even say I'm not doing anything that I'm just relaxing and he is too. But he doesn't ask me to come over and I don't know why

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing each other twice per week and not really talking on the phone much in between would be ideal for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people just need some alone time too. Actually i think we all need some space every once in a while. This alone shouldn't be alarming to you. There is no list about right and wrongs in a relationship, they r all unique just as we as individuals are unique. You should instead focus on how he is when you are together and generally what feelings you get from being with him. You'll know if he cares about you, is excited about you or is just with you to have a distraction and something to keep him busy with. you can always talk with him about this, and i think you should. Don't attack or judge him, just tell him what's nagging you and listen to his feelings regarding that, bc that's where you'll probably get wiser. Im sure everything is gonna work out. Remember communication is key.

What Guys Said 1

• its fine to have a lone time away from each other i don't think its always a bad thing

What Girls Said 2

• It could be he just enjoys some time to himself. If you both live quite busy lives, then him having some down time to just relax probably is needed. 2.5 months is still fairly new relationship wise, maybe asking you over anytime he's free isn't something he's comfortable with just yet. Give it time.

I don't think you should be concerend about it though. Let him do his thing, and you do yours. He's probably still working to balance his busy life, and the new relationship too. In time i'm sure he'll have you over whenever he can.

• Maybe he just wants some time to himself. Do you ask him to come over?