Is it okay to have a crush while you're in a relationship?

You're in a relationship but you start crushing on someone else. ? Is this acceptable?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal and happens A LOT, Its fine unless u cheat. Its not ur fault if u have feelings for someone else. It happend to me few times too but i just avoided my crush and one day feelings disappeared.

• Is it possible to avoid gaining feelings for someone? When I was in my previous relationship I never liked anyone else but in my current relationship I'm just not that attracted to him.

• It really depends yeah. If u have full of love on ur boyfriend, u pretty much won't even fall for others, at least that points on me. But u really can't avoid feelings, and for that reason it ain't ur faults. But u can try to ``burn`` the feelings to not seeing ur crush and no chatting, talking or anything. Fastest way

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, these will naturally form until you are dead. What isn't ok is acting on them and cheating on your SO.

• That's a good point ! What do you consider acting on it?

• Pursing them, hard core flirting with intent to go farther, actually seeing them.

• This is natural, so yes, it is alright. In fact, accepting yet resisting such an attraction just shows how faithful you are to your significant other. Well done.

• I think it happens a lot.

• its possible it happens often.. but how would you feel if your s/o had multiple crush on people better looking than you?

• Tbh I would feel some type of way.

• everyone's different.. We cannot control everything I guess

• Ya if u dont pursue

What Girls Said 18

• No, and neither is blinking, breathing, or sleeping! You should have the power to control such things at your age!

You don't actually have any control over forming a crush on someone, unless you NEVER go around any other people. Just don't act on it, or do anything to further it, such is trying to spend time around them or get to know them. If you're going to do that, just end your current relationship.

• No freaking way! Thats basically like cheating, if you have lost interest in your boyfriend then break up with him. You'll become a bitch if you make move on another guy while still being in a relationship. Break up with him, nobody deserves this kind of loveless relationship.
    Tell him the truth and break up. He'll probably understand

• No in my opinion if that happens then it's time to call it quits.

• i'm in this situation right now :/
    i think it's ok from afar , but if you act upon it then it stops being ok

• Yeah of course, you can't help but feel an attraction towards another person. However as long as it's not ruining your current relationship and you're not thinking about that 'crush' more than your partner then I don't think there's anything wrong with it

• It's okay, it happens

• Not really. Crushes can develop into something more, and that can cloud your judgement

• If you have a crush on somebody else - you should probably break up with the guy you are with.

• If you dwell on the crush, or secretly /intentionally go in his presence knowing very well you have a crush on him, that is not acceptable.

• it is not okay as if you have somone how can you see others in a different way

• No it's not acceptable.

• It's totally Normal and is fine as long as you don't act up on those feelings.

• Not really, then again I have ten crushes at once while dating LMAOO. Focus on one dude.

• no , it's not okay that means your feelings for the person you are with are not as strong as they once were.. stop wasting your time and his just ended and start new relationship

• Yes. Well, in my opinion it is, because you aren't cheating or anything.

• No, you're suppose to only have eyes for the person you're in a relationship with.

• Yes it happens to the best of us

• It's normal to have crushes and WILL ALWAYS happen whether you are 100% committed to someone or single. The only time it isn't acceptable is when you act upon the feelings. Take a step back and consider why you have these feelings for someone else, is the relationship feeling stale? Are you having issues lately or feeling distance between the two of you?

I was in a very toxic relationship and developed feelings our mutual friend (my best friend). I tried several times to avoid him and cut him out of my life but it just wasn't possible, I didn't feel like it was fair on him. Eventually it ended up ruining the relationship I had because I just couldn't help myself around him. Ended up in a relationship with my friend and honestly I don't have regrets right now, but I would still say that keeping away from the crush and working out what is wrong in your current relationship is the way to go about it.