Guys, your girlfriend versus games?

Let's say you're a gamer, and your girlfriend occasionally plays with you but mostly not. Before your girlfriend you used to play for most of your day. However, after getting a girlfriend, she tells you that she feels like she is competing with a game for your time. How do you fix this? Did you make any change to your gaming lifestyle once you got a girlfriend?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question for a gamer like me. I think its perfect to combine gaming with my love life and i think my parents nailed it. They simply do what they feel like and there is no need to compete. Often my dad is down with my mom watching TV, but other days they each do there own thing. There needs to be a proper balance between time alone and time together. During my alone time ill play games and spend time on my geeky hobby's. During the time together you pick activities you both enjoy. As long as there is a healthy balance you can keep this up indefinately.

Now if it turns out i spend more time playing games then time with her the balance is off and she rightfully deserves more attention. Same thing if we mostly spend time together and i need more alone time. Finding the right balance will differ from couple to couple, just give or take time until it fits just right.

What Guys Said 7

• Maybe I'm not a "hardcore" enough gamer, but my rule has always been that real life comes before video games.

My girlfriend is always my first priority, and she never has to compete with video games, for my attention. Ever.

• if i loved her and didn't ask her to change for me
    how can she have the right to ask me to change for her

• find a girlfriend that likes video games too lol its not that hard girls are starting to like them more. I've had a friends with benefits that liked them more than me and she'd usually beat me at them.

• If I'm not interested in her enough to just naturally game less to spend time with her, the relationship is doomed. If she were to come to me about that, I'd probably break up with her.

• What is sleep? xD

But besides that, just make your alloted time.
    Gaming time can be considered hobby time.
    Don't see an issue with it.

• I fix it by finding a woman who I am more conaptible with for my and her sake. So break up.

• ahahhaahhah