He acted like he liked me, but has now friend-zoned me. Why?

I'm dating this guy. The first time we went out together I wanted to talk with him about work and he turned it into a date which lasted 5 hours.

Since then we have been meeting up every few weeks. On our dates he always opens every door for me and pays for everything even when I insist that I pay half. He asks me questions about my interests and my life and remembers everything I said on the next date. He stares and smiles a lot at me for no reason during our dates and he always wants to prolong our dates. If we have coffee he asks to go on a walk afterwards or if I want to go for dinner. We end up spending 5 hours together every date

He hugs me at the beginning and end of each date and teases me a lot in a playful way.

I asked him on our recent date what we were and he said he enjoys hanging out with me and wants to keep hanging out with me but doesn't know?

why is he acting like he likes me but has now friend-zoned me?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he just doesn't know how to escalate. You shouldn't just straight up ask him like that though haha that would definitely make things awkward. Just go with it and let it happen naturally... or not

• That's nowhere near friend zoned. It's him not being sure of what he wants.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he wants to use you as a second-option/side person. You should move on.