I said "I love you", and now my girlfriend is acting weird. What should I do now?

So, I said I love you to my girlfriend of four months for the first time today. And then she started acting really weird. She said "I love you too" and then started messing with me. It went something like this over text:

Her: "... but, I'm a homosexual. Oops, auto correct. I mean, I'm dating a girl. Oops, auto correction again. I mean, I'm laughing so hard right now. haha"

Me: "Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me? ;) haha"

Her: "I'm pregnant."

Me: "Wait, are you serious?"

Her: "No, I'm kidding."

Me: "Oh. You scared me for a second there. haha."

Her: "Not kidding."

Me: "Sorry if I said it too early..."

Her: "I thought we broke up."

At this point, I called her, and she pretended she didn't know who was calling, told me to go to bed, and then hung up.

I'm really not sure what to make of this. It was really bizarre, she really has never acted like this before. Thoughts?

And then I asked "Why are you doing this?" to which she replied, "Because it's funny."

213

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's already told you she loves you before then I'd say "Silly Mood"! She may be really happy that you said I Love You; some girls myself included feel that if we are going to tell a guy I Love You that we can't say it unless we really mean it!! (So tomorrow when you talk to her tell her you didn't want to say it unless you could say it and mean it for sure, her heart will melt!!!)

OK, your update says it all, she is definitely feeling silly tonight and is messing with you for grins!! (I've been known to do that with my guy.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump her

What Girls Said 20

• Probably got caught off guard and feels a bit vulnerable after saying it back. It's a big thing, especially that first time, and she is probably trying to act funny/weird as a defense mechanism. Trying to act "cool" and trying to play it off because she feels uncomfortable in the situation. I do the same sometimes if I feel like that. I try to make jokes when "on guard". Plus she probably feels a bit weird since you did it over text, probably felt a bit random and out of the blue.

Wouldn't be too worried since she said it back. If she didn't say it back and was acting that way, THEN I'd be worried. She'll go back to normal again soon. But make sure you say it face to face next time.

• Okay so? Are you seriously, sternly, soberly, sincerely telling me you said "I LOVE YOU" for the first time OVER TEXT?
    I really hope not because if YES than this is why she is maybe acting UP, i would do it too -_- my man said I LOVE YOU after 9 months of dating, he said it for Valentines day, while we where having a fantastic dinner, NOT THROUGH TEXT i would go ZOMBIE on him yo.

Good luck

• Yup. Now is time to break up. She's too immature.

• She doesn't feel the same way, she said all that to derail the conversation so she wouldn't have to say it or she too nervous or not ready to say it.

• play her game. next time your with her be like. oops the condom broke. see if she plays about being pregnant again.

• Try to talk with her in person. And observe her reaction.
    But if this isn't possible, sit down and consider the facts. See if you like it.
    And remember, constantly review how you feel about the convo. Don't lie to yourself and make everything she does O. K. because i'm sure some of the convo was not O. K. with you.
    Last but not least, ask yourself: "Why did I tell her that I love her? Do I want to take things a step farther? Or do I just want her to know that I love her, and leave it at that?" Trust me, one of these will work if you do them right! And have fun!

• Perhaps she thinks it was too soon

• wait, you told her you love her while texting? That's probably the issue. she doesn't know if you were being sincere and doesn't want to take it seriously incase you didn't really mean it...

• She's just immature.

• she could love you and still feel weird talking about it. so saying all that to deflect.

• If that's her idea of humor break up and move on. That's immature behavior and blatent disregard for you feelings, on to the next!

• maybe she didn't want something serious or she is confused about how she feels for you

• I think you might have startled her by saying this, four months is kind of soon in my opinion. She probably felt pressured to say at as well, and it might be making her uncomfortable. I suggest talking to her in person.

• it is better to talk to her face to face

• How old is she? She seems very immature.

• It's immature of her TBH.

• is she high? wtf she isn't serious man you should talk to her face to face

• If I were you, I would ask her if you both could get together face to face somewhere and talk. Talking and seeing how she feels is the best way to see what you should do next in my opinion (:

• Maybe she was high.

• She thinks this is funny? I'd be really confused. What she said first is making me get a little skeptical. See what happens for a couple of days maybe for 2-4 days? If this continues, sit her down and talk it out with her. Ask her if she was being serious, check whether she's hesitating and still behaving weirdly when you ask her, if so, I'd think she has something to fess up.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her you meant "I LOVE YOUr b00bs"

• Like most women she's not mature enough to have a serious relationship.