He refused to give his password?

I have been dating this guy online for two months in a different country, we have a great communication, we Skype often too and made plans to meet in a few weeks time. It has been fun and he has been supportive. Recently I had reasons to give him my " universal password" to a particular account, then he tried it for my Facebook account, and it worked, he told me this. So I then asked for his Facebook email and password, he refused to give... I' m the trusting, faithful type, and I feel betrayed. This is putting a lot of strain on my feelings for him. Do you think he has wronged me, am I justified to hurt?

Its fun reading all your comments and enlightening too. Thanks

I just want to add a few facts... the guy is from my country and my tribe and my home state but living in another country so he feels less of a stranger to me.

I didn't give him my 'Facebook password' directly, he tried a password I gave him to help make an online subscription for another site.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it was the right move to give him your password, but I don't know the context, i would just change it and forget about it, i know some couples share those kinda of things, but in my opinion is just a Terrible idea

What Guys Said 12

• Well... he shouldn't give you his password, but you shouldn't have given him yours either. He shouldn't have gotten yours if he wasn't willing to give his, though.

• I believe you are wrong.

• So you gaved yours and he didn't gave his pass.
    What made you give yours? Did he ask it? Or you offer it?

• So he didn't know that the password worked with facebook? Is that it?

• Yes, he tried it and it worked... then he told me

• Change your password everywhere and dont give it out again

• No, its fine. I wouldn't give my password even if I was married.

• You must be an indian girl.

• It's not good to share n ask each others password. But I want to ask can u pm or follow my profile?

• Not good

• No.. passwords need kept private. It is his option to give it to you.

• Why would you give anyone your passwords or codes to anything to someone.
    I would never give them out even to friends or family.
    Sorry you only have yourself to blame for giving out private information.
    He has no need to give you it.

• I know my girlfriend's passwords, too, but she doesn't know that. LOL

• I don't think either person should be sharing their passwords.

What Girls Said 13

• 1. It was not smart to give him a password
    2. It is even less smart to use the same password for everything
    3. It is by far less smart to give out a password in an online relationship if you have not ever met.

4. Advice: Change all of your passwords, make multiple passwords. Pray that he hasn't used your passwords inappropriately, and don't expect him to give out his private information.

• I think this whole new revolution password and facebook SHIT thing is ruining a lot of relationship... this is the first thing

the second is you guys are having a long distance relationship, instead of worrying what he is hiding in his account you should rather worry what he does when he goes out in the streets...

Sorry, i am being brutally honest, long distance relationships don't work... especially if you met the dude online... i been there, done that, and it ended BAD... don't waste any time and just find yourself a man that YOU CAN TOUCH :)

Good luck

• 2 months and you think he should give you his passwords? Nup, no. It's not his fault he's smarter than you are for not sharing them this early in the relationship.

• Never share personal info or password s with strangers online! You only been talking for two months.. you don't know who he really is

• You're crazy

• Change your password.

• Giving Password is a cheating on your friends. He still can cheat on you by creating a secret account, trust is the key in love. I would let him check my phone anytime he ask but no one should give Password !!

• he must has some things to hide

• don't listen to anyone who says you are wrong because if he has yours you should have his, equality is important tell him either he has to give you his or your changing your passwords and if he gets mad and wants to break up he was obviously not very committed

• No one is getting my Facebook password, there still some things that's private. Same goes for my so.

• That's creepy. Him trying passwords on accounts. Change your pw as soon as possible before he does it for you.

• You wronged yourself by having a universal password.

• You're justified.. thats pretty hypocritical of him or controlling depending how you look at it.
    If he doesn't give up his as well, Id take the other answers recommendations and change up all your pws fast. Its pretty shady overall.. Id be weirded out and less into him for that.

Fine, okay, alright.. if you're a little paranoid but if I can't see yours, then why did you ask me?

I have only been into this if the guy has a screwy rep off the bat, otherwise.. its too much. And usually my stuff is unlocked so if he wanted to look, he could but I'm too direct anyway for this to happen.. I'm a little too honest about everything, definitely don't try to sugarcoat or play pc.