I have been dating this guy for two months now. We see each other almost every other day. He invites me out with his friends and him. He takes me out and we are having a great time in general. All in all I feel like we are a couple at this point. However, I feel he is avoiding the relationship talk. The other night we sort of started talking about our status, but we had both been drinking a little bit so he suggested we talk the next day. He came over the next day and there was no relationship discussion brought up. I am planning on bringing it up myself, but I'm wondering what would make him avoid it. It kind of makes me feel like I'm just convenient. If he was excited about the prospect of us being official wouldn't he be eager to bring it up?
Most Helpful Guy
1. He may be on the rebound and feel that he is not ready.
2. Perhaps there is someone else who causes his attention to be divided.
3. He may have a bad experience with a girl being clingy/needy as soon as they got "official." (Holy shit, I hate that expression! :) )
4. Maybe he thinks that you are rushing things and is afraid that, next, you'll be expecting an engagement ring for Valentine's Day.
5. Maybe you should start by saying, "If we can't talk about our status, can you explain why you don't want to talk about it. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but some of the potential explanations are a little bit scary to me."5