Whose fault is it when when either one of you cheats in a relationship?

Is the blame solely on the one who cheated or both to be blamed?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly it is. But i always like to assume the other side was at least 10% at fault so say if you cheated on me, you would bear a majority of the blame but i would also be somewhat at fault as well.
    Why? because people cheat for many different reasons. Majority of the time it is because their partners have become emotionally distant. This leads to me holding 10%, but remember the cheater holds 90% which it means they are almost entirely at fault.
    If they cheated for the fun of it or if they are a serial cheater than it is 100% on the cheater.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The blame is soley on the one who cheated. Adults are soley responsible for their own actions, they have a choice regardless of their situation or circumstances. It was their choice or decision to cheat , their reason is irrelevant.

People only try to lay some or all the blame on their SO... to either lift their burden of guilt , or to justify their behaviour because they know they are on the wrong. They know they are soley to blame

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Well, I do believe some partners can be terrible SO and actually drive away their partner, but then other times they do nothing wrong and still get cheated. In cases where you are a terrible SO it is only fair to weigh some of the blame.

0|1
    0|0
  • If one goes outside the relationship for sex then he is not getting everything he wants or needs in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Solely the one who cheated

1|1
    0|1
  • Cheater

1|0
    0|1
  • it depends on the circumstance.
    If you not keeping your partner happy, that's your fault, but if your partner is just greedy, it's their fault.
    it really depends, and you have to really evaluate the circumstance.

0|1
    0|0
  • The one who cheats is always at fault.

It is a conscious decision.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both, but primarily the one who cheats.

Really?

0|0
    0|0
  • The piece of shit that cheated is the only one to blame no matter their excuse. No one told them to cheat but their own selfishness

0|0
    0|0
  • Whichever one is female is at fault

0|0
    1|1
  • it depends on the situation.

0|1
    0|0
    • The cheater is ALWAYS guilty... it's just the other person might not always be innocent

• Whoever the cheater is obviously

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, but usually there is blame on both sides. Placing all the blame on the cheater without understanding the whole story is just naive.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• The cheater... It's their responsibility in the first place to communicate with their partner what they are not happy about and offer a solution to solve that problem before it collapses the relationship and damages both parties involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who cheated.

Now if she/he did not cheat, then I would say conflict happens when both are at fault.

It can be as simple as that misunderstandings between the two.

But when one cheats, he/she takes all the blame.

0|0
    0|0
  • if your partner hurt you a lot intentionally, then we can blame him or her for how you feel, but how you decide to manage your feelings, maybe through sex with someone who's not your partner, then take the blame there, you did wrong there

0|0
    0|0
  • 96% of the time its the fault of the person who cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who cheated. There's absolutely no excuse to break a commitment. You wouldn't break a promise to a best friend so why break your promise to your significant other that they're the only one you'll be with?

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who cheated unless you cheated first

0|0
    0|0
  • The cheater is to blame

0|0
    0|1