Is homosexuality a mental disorder?

I am sure it is

• yes
  • no
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1120

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its definitely not a positive trait and it might be more of a means to decline the human population.

Homosexuality was a mental disorder www.psychologytoday.com/.../when-homosexuality-stopped-being-mental-disorder

Estrogen in the environment changes sexual behaviour... thus increased homosexuality seen not only in humans but animals.

The increasing levels of estrogen are causing fish to change gender. Many animals are becoming hermaphrodites.

The Male chromosome is dying, the teleomere is shortening. Surprise all the articles on it are now hidden.

So what's this estrogen dominance: its in plastic, water, air, clothes, food, chemicals. Of course the community will not talk about this. This is actually resulting in huge fertility levels to drop. The main reason for PCO in women. Anyway, the increased level of estrogen cause women to create testosterone.

You can see this the men are developing breasts and more fat, rounder faces and less hair. They are becoming very emotional, want to take female roles. Opposite is happening to women, PCO is a good example.

Now before saying I am wrong, please research before you downvote. And this is not to be rude... its just what I learnt in University. Thank you.

• I dont downvote rational answers

• Thank you. Its interesting everyone is hating you for your rational thinking.

• Thank you :-)

What Guys Said 19

• Is your stupidity a mental disorder? Why yes it !!

• No. It's not a mental disorder. Otherwise it'd be a mental disorder that somehow managed to "infect" around 1,500 species of animals. Which, if I may remind you, it is nearly impossible for an "illness" to be able to infect anything more than 10 species, let alone somehow manage 1,500.

I prefer to think my preference of pretzels over doughnuts serves an evolutionary purpose. I'm not alone in this train of thought, either. "Homosexuality as a deterrent to overpopulation is a hypothesis proposed by scientific researchers applicable not just to homo sapiens, but throughout the animal world."

• And it would be wrong, too, because science has long ruled out the idea of group selection. An organism that does not reproduce does not pass on its genes. There is nothing altruistic or social about it. Our Darwinian purpose is an inherently selfish one. We reproduce regardless of however it may effect others because if we do not, we die out.

• Maybe not a mental disorder but it is certainly a sexual perversion. It does not take religion or rocket science to see that. Just basic evolutionary biology. It is counterproductive to our Darwinian purpose. No amount of political correctness or hyperemotional leftist rhetoric will change that.

• 1|2
  • If you're sure why are you asking us?

• Oh goodly, we found another homophobic person who still thinks it's the dark ages.

• this is the age where abomination is cool

• The only thing I'm hearing from you is excuses excuses

• you are using excuses for justify abomination

• i dont think so

• If it is, it's a fairly harmless one. Society seems to be the only repercussion aside from unprotected sex which may result in std (s).

• I don't believe in mental disorders. I think we all juat have struggles and that's normal as humans. I think we all just get into harmful mental and physical habits. I think homosexuality is risky do to STD's but so is heterosexual sex too if you do it a lot or with someone who is infected. I personally don't understand homosexuality as I'm not one and I do see it as harmful behavior but I also see being oversexual in general as harmful. But someone being gay says nothing about their character. It's not my place to judgd them.

• It's not a mental disorder, they are just born like that and it is possible that the environment they grow up in determines which sex they are attracted to.

• Yes. Just like when a guy is attracted to horses, kids, corpses etc.

• It's proven that is not a metal disorder. Just a sexual preference

• I think yea its about something mentality. Like how the fuck a healthy male can like a guy instead of liking beautiful chicks?

Damn I can't think about that, I rather kill and give myself most painful death u know D;

• Yes it is

• I'm thinking it's poor eyesight...

• no but transgenderism is

• yes it is and only cure is acceptance

• what are you basing your opinion on? Alternative facts, i bet

• I don't think it is a choice for guys and its not really a mental illness but I have noticed that the rate of mental illness in homosexuals is higher than in the general public

• i said nothing about the choice

• I'm sure it's higher because of how stressful it is. Sure, parts of society have been extremely accepting for over 10 years, but many parts of society are extremely against gay and lesbian couples. Even in a totally accepting environment, I'm sure when people grow up feeling attracted to their same gender when they are young there is still the feeling of, "Man I just want to feel normal like all these couples I see."

• @TiredGirl123 possibly, there is no way to tell but the emotional outbursts seem like a hormonal issue combined with a mental health issue

What Girls Said 10

• It is definitely not. Irregardless of choice, people can be attracted to the same gender and be extremely happy. And probably more successful than you. Stop hating on them and just let people love who they want to love-- with consent, that is.

• Is your ignorance a mental disorder?🤔🤔

• How about you get a life? You're only 21 and already too much hate towards people who are different than you.

Plus, homosexuality is not a mental disorder

• It's not a mental disorder but there is the case where people who experience sexual trauma in their early lives tend to be sexually confused when they grow older (questioning their sexuality etc.). That's the closest to a "mental disorder" it gets.

• no, just a sexual preference

• No it'sbeen proven that it is not. The American Psychological Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics agree that homosexuality is not an illness or disorder, but a form of sexual expression.

• No way

• i wish it was so I could call in School and say "im sorry I can't come today, I'm gay"

• Then I like being mental ill.