Guys, Do you prefer women who can cook?

Is it a turn on or attractive to you if a woman knows how to cook. I know a lot of my female friends don't know how bc they're too busy with their careers and I hear from men that they love when a woman likes to cook.

I love to cook and I mentioned this to the guy I was causally seeing and he seemed really excited by it and wanted to know more and see the pictures of what I cook and told me to send him more stuff in my cooking adventures. So just a poll... does it add to the attractiveness of a woman?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• i honestly don´t. i can cook and i like to cook. she doesn´t have to do it XD if she likes it, fine but if she can cook this isn´t anything that makes me decide for her or not.

What Guys Said 37

• It's definitely a bonus if she can cook but it's not the biggest priority for me. I don't mind so much if she can't since I enjoy doing the cooking and perhaps she can learn. If not, perhaps she can wash the dishes. I don't enjoy that part at all.

• I think it's cute if they like cooking (it autocorrected to coming lol) and baking as well as other traditionally feminine interests.

• You bet. Food is a bi motivator for any relationship. That's why going out to dinner became important in standard dating.

Cooking for someone is 1000% more romantic than candles at a restaurant!

• It doesn't affect my sexual attraction towards her, but it does make her more desirable overall. Especially if its something she really enjoys and is good at.

• It's a HUGE turn-on!

• I'm glad :) Just interested in why that is?

• Personally I like cooking and one of my favorite dates is cooking with my date/gf. I find it very enjoyable and I think it's a great bonding moment (put on some cute couple music, a glass of wine, working together as a team, sneaking in a few kisses and some touching... that's what usually ends up happening). Plus her knowing how to cook is a sign that she's not lazy (obviously not always the case).

• Thank you for your answer. That sounds like a great way to spend the evening. I agree if she can't cook usually means she's lazy or entitled

• Tempted to say YES but those that cook often & do the chef party things don't cook often enough the items I love... some even hate my favs, be it asparagus, salmon or garlic sausage

• No I do the cooking, she is there to be waited in and looked after. She will return the favour in the bedroom ;-)

• I'd fall for someone who knows her way in the kitchen in mere seconds. Nothing can be sexier than that. Your boyfriend is one lucky guy. <3

• I usually end up cooking so yeah it would be nice if a woman I was seeing could cook and enjoyed it because I'm not bad at it but I find it a very stressful activity at times. It's not a requirement but it would be nice to not always have to be the one doing it

• Eating is a daily task, multiple times a day. Yea it's great when she enjoys keeping her family full. Waking up to The smell of fresh baked apple pie on Sundays is a delight

• For me I like the woman to have an interest and an imagination when it comes to cooking so that would be my basic requirement , but I understand that busy lifestyles can sometime leave little room for imagination and creativity. For me it can hint strongly to the type of woman she is by the food she cooks and her range of skills in the kitchen. It's no deal breaker as long as the interest and motivation is there though :)

• I'm lazy so, yes.

• Yes, but for me it's not a deal breaker, one way or the other.

• Not a deal breaker but if you already liked her would you find her even more appealing and would she have an edge over other women?

• Not particularly. Being a firefighter, I cook at the fire station and having been widowed the past ten years, I cook at home. I like to cook - what can I say?

• Well duh it's a turn on , mostly because what if there's no-one to cook for you you just gonna starve to death? It's an essential thing for both genders in my opinion

• I cook well and won't date a woman who can't cook. I think it's as important as showering and sex, pretty basic aspect of life that we as humans appreciate.

• Yes. Girls here's a tip if you want to get married before your 30 and to a high quality guy with good prospects learn to cool as well as other homemaker skills.

• it does but i think it adds to the attractiveness of either gender, i like to cook for girls on a first date and it usually scores me brownie points : )

• Very attractive!

• It's awesome for sure and a lot of guys definitely love it, but I can cook so not an absolute requirement for me.

• Yes, it's great plus for me. I can cook myself pretty ok, but I value people by how they know to do most basic needs.

• There is nothing more beautiful than having a girl who can cook well. As soon as I find one I swear to god I'm marrying her

• I love this answer. Do you find in this day and age those women are hard to come by?

• Lmfao yup. People like them usually stay single, or jump from man to man, or just have a shit load of casual sex and still believe guys would want them after all that. Then when they hit 35-40 they blame men for everything and usually get a cat to torture.
      It's honestly heartbreaking. I know I might sound like a dick but I love women and I was raised by strong women. (Mom and 3 older sisters) just to clear things up.

• lol you've pretty much described every woman I've met in New York City. Which is where I am. I don't think you sound like a dick, you're honest and I appreciate hearing what a man really thinks of those kinds of women. I was never that and here in ny I get told I'm too old fashioned and that I have to act more aloof and less caring. That's why I came on here, I needed unbiased mens perspective.

• I love and enjoy food, and a girl who cooks well always gets my marks, it shows she is able to handle and mange things carefully and with love. and it certainly gives another topic to share and enjoy !!

• Yes, if there is anything that make a woman attractive is the way she cooks, is not always the way you look.

• Sure. Definite plus.

• Especially after seeing my bro's kids eat McNuggets most of their life...

• yes, bc i dont cooking.😂

• always a plus if she's a good cook

• yes they are best

• Yes I prefer it, that's not to say if they don't it's dealbreaker but it's better that they can

• Absolutely!

• yes totally
    cooking is an important skill

• More from Guys
    7