At what age did you guys start wanting a relationship (commitment) and not just a hookup?

924

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't like I reached a certain age and said "wow.. I need to get stop sleeping around". I just met my girlfriend and that was that.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• In my late 20's I started to realize the fact that I'd fucked up in the past, and was now paying for it. I had a few girls I should've married. We ended amicably, but still... I should've plextracted my head from Darth's Dark Side earlier than that, and that's the age I first knew it.

• Around 16... I grew up with a lot of people around me but nobody actually by my side so I've always felt lonely and like I do not belong anywhere... Actually I never liked hook ups... I always needed someone to be by my side so I guess I wanted a commitment since the beginning...

• My reasons are the same too! I never wanted hookups..

• I guess not everyone has to make up his mind to it... To some of us it comes from our past experiences... Damn, I wish things didn't happen as they did...

• I still haven't gotten there yet lol i have a girlfriend but i wouldn't say its a super serious relationship i still like hook ups haha i don't think guys should take relationships seriously until they're established in their careers and are pursuing their dreams. most guys commit when they're too young and settle down and have kids and their hopes and dreams are usually flushed down the toilet.

• yeah you're right, I myself wouldn't say no for a commitment if the guy is supportive and would actually encourage me to pursue my dreams, would help me during my dark moments, etc,

• Around 18 or 19, but after 6 failed attempts I realized it's way better just too hook up no strings attached. Sex without the drama... everyone wins in that scenario.

• I've wanted "true love" since I first heard Dashboard Confessional's Hands Down when I was 12... But I've also hooked up with women ever since I lost my virginity. Whether I'm trying to hook up or not, I can't resist the emotional intimacy and connection that sex brings. I've had amazing sexual chemistry with women that started off casual, and ended up dating them because I got attached, and we were not a fit at all to be dating. Because of this, I'm learning to "restrain myself" for my own good so I don't get attached to the wrong girl and led to another heartbreak. With a high sex drive it's very difficult. To answer your question, it's never been one or the other, I've always been drawn to both. I hope to meet someone that we both have amazing chemistry yet also enough in common to make it last.

• Maybe 24? Just a guess. But I was never into hookups anyway.

• i never decided to just look for a hook up. my parents raised me right. i have had a relationship before though. i was 17

• the thought of loving someone since i was 10!!! there is nothing cooler

• Oonce you get out of college and start to work for the rest of your life I think. So 23 24 ish.

• 18 for me, i was certainly one of the first among the others around me.

• I've never wanted to just hookup. When i had my first crush at age 15 i wanted to be in a relationship. 11 years later im still waiting for it to happen.

• about 15

• At 16 but I

• when i was 100 year old

• Not yet...

• It's not really about age, but about each one's life objectives.

• I have never been interested in hookups.

• Would have to say when I turned 20, after I first fell in love.

• Never. If i can keep smashing without having to commit, then that's what I'll keep doing.

• It hasn't happened yet, I still just want hookups.

• right this minute

• Most males I knew were more relationship oriented at 20. By their late 20's, they were like 'wellll maybe'

Only a small number of guys 'settle down' in their early 20s it tends to be more the opposite. They tend to be guys who had been sleeping with a lot of girls from like age 16 on.

most guys are just -starting- to be able to sleep around in their early 20s. And by late 20s it gets easier not harder.

• 16 for me. I've never been interested in hook ups. I have always only wanted a loving relationship, but I know that is very rare.

What Girls Said 8

• I've never had a hookup. I wanted and had commitment since I had my first relationship

• I've never longed for a hook-up it just seems pointless to me, why would I want to share something passionate with someone I hardly know. I wanted a serious relationship from day one of being a teenager.

• I always wanted a serious relationship. I never cared for hookups. I date forever or for never.

But I don't date anymore now

• Ummm...15? 😅 I don't do hookups. 😆

• I've never wanted a hookup.

• i used to want, not sure anymore, focusing on my studies right now. but if i do find someone that's worth it, i won't blow up that chance

• At the age of 17 haha

• Teens but it wasn't happening so I took what I could get. It was a dysfunctional ride. I still want to settle down but haven't found the right one yet. So the ride continues...