What's wrong with me? I don't want to be alone yet I don't want to go out with any of the guys that are asking me out?

I'm 22. I've never been in a serious relationship ever. I've grown up with parents who told me guys are full of shit and I need to be an independent woman. I'm grateful and I have established a good strong self, I'm highly introverted and a bit of a loner as I prefer to be. But I do wish to be with someone, I'm just extremely extremely picky. It's not like he has to fit requirements, it's more like, when I meet him I'll know and until then I don't bother with guys I'm just "meh" about. I get asked out every weekend & I have my pick for sure, but as of lately I'm not wanting to at all, and I fear I will regret it. They're all fine men, and all.. but I'm not blown away? I spent the last half year very into this one guy who as of recently has vanished from my life. I have no idea why or what's going on, and I still think about him daily because I genuinely liked the guy, but I'm done trying to find out what went wrong between us. That said, since then I've been working out, working on myself even more, and focusing on things in my life that I let go when I was into him. I also broke off a toxic friendship of a girl I knew for a lot of years. I just want to have fun again and enjoy myself by myself again, and lately I've been really enjoying just being alone and laughing alone. I have some depression as well, and this guy had worsened my anxiety and depression for quite some time... now I'm loving releasing my attachment and just being free from others. With me I'm very all or nothing, so I don't even want to bother with anyone right now knowing I won't be giving it my all because I'm giving myself my all right now... Or am I in denial of being still stuck on this one guy and not being that into these other guys that I'm saying I like being alone? Because really, I'm not sure. If he were to come back into my life I'd be hesistant but I would drop anything to see him again.

12

What Guys Said 2

• there's nothing wrong with being independent. of course you will have those days where all you feel is loneliness of not having a special someone, but that come with the territory. as for choosing guys, there is also nothing wrong with being picky. you know what you want and you want to make sure that its something that will last and will make you happy. i guess all that you have to remember is not to let the pickiness get to you too, there is no such thing as a perfect human being. we all have flaws and its what makes each and every single one of us who we are. I would say that you should definitely not try too hard to get into a relationship. love is out there and itll come. As to the guy that disappeared, things like that happen, sometimes people can get scared, or maybe just really decide that its something that they dont want and they don't believe that there is any other way to get out of it other than just leaving. most important though is just focus on you. and everything will come together eventually.

Don't be afraid to hit that follow button!

• Thank you (: you sound super sweet!

• no problem! if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me. just keep your head up!

• I do not think anything is wrong with you. I think you are still getting over the other guy who you tried to give your all too

What Girls Said 1

• You probably haven't met the dude, whom you would be eager to give a chance.